PDA

View Full Version : Powell Lake Barging

corey
08-01-2016, 10:10 AM
So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake?

Big Mac
08-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Bob Baxter
Can maybe help you out

corey
08-02-2016, 09:09 PM
do you have his contact info?

jimh
08-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Justin Behan runs a alum landing barge service on the lake. I usually come across him at work once or twice a week, I will get his contact info for you.

Big Mac
08-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Justin would be a good bet

Fordrocks96
09-24-2022, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=corey;1803603]So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake.
How did you make out? Any tips ? My wife just got the same draw. I'm also looking for someone to transport a quad up Powell lake. Did you find someone to transport your quad?

buckerup
09-25-2022, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=corey;1803603]So I was lucky enough to draw an elk at the head of Powell Lake. I've gone up and scouted during our annual trip to the cabin. Now for logistics. Does anyone know of a contact for barging a quad up to the head of the lake.
How did you make out? Any tips ? My wife just got the same draw. I'm also looking for someone to transport a quad up Powell lake. Did you find someone to transport your quad?

Terry Gustafson has both barge and landing craft vessels. He can haul a pick up with the landing craft or several quads. The barge can haul a full camp with trucks and trailers or whatever you need.