PDA

View Full Version : LEH odds higher this year

fireguy
07-29-2016, 04:43 PM
After reading through the did you get you LEH in the mail thread and noticing the odds change on my draw I was wondering how many had either huge jumps in odds or if as I suspect it is a misprint.

My my successful cow calf draw in 8-11 showed the odds as 174:1.

Last year ear odds were about 24:1 and there was 6 tags given out if my memory is correct.

now I was successful on a moose draw last year so I was fighting the lower chance for three years game but a jump from 24:1 to 174:1 seems excessive and also seems that I'm not the only one noticing this.

Curious to see what other odds greatly increased.

My mountian goat draw in 8-09 went up to 435:1 but I believe they dropped the number of tags from 2 to 1 so I expected a double odds with that one.

wideopenthrottle
07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
all depends on how many apply for any given draw in the current year (like with investments there should be a caveat stating "past performance is no indication of future results")..and many will apply to a lower odds draw (based on previous year) which will drive up the odds.....as you mentioned it can also be as a result of reduced authorizations...or it could be both ( a double whammy)....

Surrey Boy
07-29-2016, 04:54 PM
I'm only hunting local this year.

fireguy
07-29-2016, 04:56 PM
I know how the odds work. 615:1 for a cow/calf draw in 3-12 seems excessively high though as reported in the other thread.

fireguy
07-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I looked it up. 24 tags for 3-12. 615:1 odds would have 14,760 people applying for that draw.

174:1 odds for 8-11 cow/calf would have 1,044 people applying for that draw.

Between just oust these two draws 15,804 people applied, makes me think it's at typo.

palmer
07-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Some of my odds were crazy, must have been a screw up....

Treed
07-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Definitely a screwup - I didn't get anything! Think I'll phone and ask for a redo!

Ajsawden
07-29-2016, 07:22 PM
my moose in 512a is 5.3:1 odds this year, which seems totally legit.

HarryToolips
07-29-2016, 11:10 PM
I looked it up. 24 tags for 3-12. 615:1 odds would have 14,760 people applying for that draw.

174:1 odds for 8-11 cow/calf would have 1,044 people applying for that draw.

Between just oust these two draws 15,804 people applied, makes me think it's at typo.
I think your right..

srthomas75
07-29-2016, 11:19 PM
Does the synopsis not say " tentative authorizations ".? Meaning that they can change the number before the draw happens. Which then will show the true ratio after everyone has entered in that years lotto.
( I find it strange how every year someone will say they entered a low odds draw when the posted odds were for the previous year. )

medic11
07-30-2016, 07:55 AM
My daughters LEH for mule doe came in the mail. On the second portion of the paper, it lists the draws she was unsuccessful for. It lists elk and the draw odds, however, it's missing the other draws, such as the moose and sheep. Makes me wonder if those draws even got in, although they are listed on the FWID site. How about the rest of you guys. Did all of your unsuccessful draws get listed below?

sthdslayer
07-30-2016, 08:17 AM
no i had moose and bison not get listed

Ry151
07-30-2016, 08:59 AM
I've talked to lots of people who didn't bother applying for leh this year because of the new system for one lame reason or another so I think odds went up for those that did, I got a moose, goat, elk and bison tag for this year so I'm pretty much going to have to quit my job in September to try to get it done. Lol

medic11
07-30-2016, 09:55 AM
I've talked to lots of people who didn't bother applying for leh this year because of the new system for one lame reason or another so I think odds went up for those that did, I got a moose, goat, elk and bison tag for this year so I'm pretty much going to have to quit my job in September to try to get it done. Lol
Thanks for letting us know about ALL the draws you got! System should be set up that after you get win one draw, your out for the rest! Give others their opportunity. People win multiple draws, and there are a ton of people who get NOTHING.

07-30-2016, 11:30 AM

congrats on your DRAW SUCCESS. That is terrific for you ....... But thus is where I believe the entire system is flawed and needs a huge going over. This government is not into doing what is right for the general public and residents and prefers it's easy out ways. Until more speak up and hold the decision makers accountable, we will continue down the path with more then 50% of the spokes broken on the wheel.

BC LEH system SUCKS !

CT

Fisher-Dude
07-30-2016, 04:37 PM
congrats on your DRAW SUCCESS. That is terrific for you ....... But thus is where I believe the entire system is flawed and needs a huge going over. This government is not into doing what is right for the general public and residents and prefers it's easy out ways. Until more speak up and hold the decision makers accountable, we will continue down the path with more then 50% of the spokes broken on the wheel.

BC LEH system SUCKS !

CT

I think, CT, that what sucks is up to 40% of our animals going to foreigners, creating the necessity of LEH for residents instead of GOS.

barry1974w
07-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks for letting us know about ALL the draws you got! System should be set up that after you get win one draw, your out for the rest! Give others their opportunity. People win multiple draws, and there are a ton of people who get NOTHING.

No it shouldn't. There are a ton of people who get nothing, but if they keep applying for multiple draws every year (low odds for some of them) they should get some eventually

barry1974w
07-30-2016, 09:20 PM

BC LEH system SUCKS !

CT

The BC system works alright.

barry1974w
07-30-2016, 09:22 PM

Congratulations on your LEH success, you've got one hell of a season coming up. You did good, and got some tough draws, don't listen to people who say you don't deserve them

barry1974w
07-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Oh, back on topic. The moose draw that I got this year was listed at 6.5:1, on the paperwork it said 3.5:1 this year.

The Hermit
07-30-2016, 11:22 PM
Grizz in 7-26 odds this year .4:1

Moose 7-26 odds this year 4.6:1

Ry151
07-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Congratulations on your LEH success, you've got one hell of a season coming up. You did good, and got some tough draws, don't listen to people who say you don't deserve them
Im pretty excited. Not worried about the haters. I apply every year for everything i can in hopes of getting just one draw.

Gateholio
07-30-2016, 11:37 PM

Wow, you are going to have a heck of a season!

Most successful applicants get one draw. Some get two. Only a handful get more than three. They provide those stats every year. It's not a big enough deal to change the whole system.

I went for ten years with zero draws then got three in one year. I didn't feel bad about it at all.

ROY-alty33
07-30-2016, 11:54 PM
The odds for my draws were both down 53:1 opposed to the listed 60 and 5.3:1 instead of the listed 8.2.