PDA

View Full Version : Elk in 8-21 - 8-26

Headsup
07-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I know I have a better chance of winning the lotto, than finding a 6 point in the north okanagan. However I'm not ready to give up the search yet. Does anyone have some suggestion on how to find them, or areas to possibly scout. Yada yada.... Also not looking for gps coordinates, just areas to hike, and scout.

primmed99
07-26-2016, 08:44 PM
kelowna area go to okanagan mountain park there is a gate on the main road up you'll need a dirt bike to get by, a quad can get around it too but easier to stash a dirt bike……about 10 km ride and your at a nice lake set up camp. Keep heading north on the trail, if you run into a cabin its my buddy Marks, feel free to spend a night or two there he is cool like that. Elk all over that area huge bulls too and easy access. If you see my buddy mark tell him Mark from HBC sent you and I say "HI"……….Good luck

wrenchhead
07-26-2016, 09:22 PM
There are pockets of decent populations dotted around the north ok. Enderby, Yankee flats, areas around mable/ sugar lakes and through the monashees. Your best bet is monashees past the summit on the border of reg. 8 and 4 for huntable numbers.

medic11
07-26-2016, 11:05 PM
kelowna area go to okanagan mountain park there is a gate on the main road up you'll need a dirt bike to get by, a quad can get around it too but easier to stash a dirt bike……about 10 km ride and your at a nice lake set up camp. Keep heading north on the trail, if you run into a cabin its my buddy Marks, feel free to spend a night or two there he is cool like that. Elk all over that area huge bulls too and easy access. If you see my buddy mark tell him Mark from HBC sent you and I say "HI"……….Good luck
I believe there's no motorized vehicles allowed in Okanagan Mtn Park.