PDA

View Full Version : Lake fishing near Victoria

techshaf19
07-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Hey all, I'm from Oregon and will be attending UVic this next year. I really enjoy fishing but was wondering if it's worthwhile getting a license and bringing a rod up? Is the lakeshore fishing good around Victoria? I have a truck so getting there isn't an issue, I just don't have a boat available. Thanks in advance!

steel_ram
07-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Most of the lakes have some shore fishing spots, but not very much. Langford, Elk, Durrance have fishing wharfs and are close to town. Pick up a cheap float tube. I fished all last winter out of one, but it was cold. Cowichan River is under an hour away. Salmon, Steelhead and some pretty good trout fishing.

07-27-2016, 09:48 AM
definatly worth it.....
get a Fishcat kick boat...

could spend all day listing local lakes but honestly, they all have plusses and minuses.... Big rainbows in a few, Smallmouth bass in all of them .. large mouth in small population in Elk....
plus there are several back country lakes up island to find and fish that have better fishing.... plus there are several rivers to hit on the weekends..... suffice to say.. you'd be an idiot if you didn't! lol
sorry,, I threw that in there for motivation.

Philcott
07-27-2016, 12:15 PM
When you get here let me know I have a canoe you can use to get out on the water if you'd like.