PDA

View Full Version : Elk calls cow bleats and bugles

PressurePoint
07-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Looking for reviews on some cow bleats and bugle brands that have been successful or useful that HBC'ers have used.

Heard good things about the hoochie mama's.

Any thoughts?

Weatherby Fan
07-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Looking for reviews on some cow bleats and bugle brands that have been successful or useful that HBC'ers have used.

Heard good things about the hoochie mama's.

Any thoughts?

Yes sir our family has used Hootchie mamas for years, they work great, I also use the Primos Bull Horn Elk Bugle, any of the Primos stuff is pretty good, works for us.

bigneily
07-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Elk inc power bugle and the primos cow calls , The reed style I makadabull crazy . Works for me .

Ourea
07-25-2016, 03:03 PM
If elk are fired up they will respond to the most pathetic attempt at a bugle or cow chirp.
On the other side, you can make the most authentic sounding bugle or cow call but will do little to increase ur odds in areas that are pressured and called in regularly. Elk learn to shut up pretty quick

Lots of good calls on the market.
Wont be hard to make a selection

ElliotMoose
07-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Hoochie works great. I usually like to carry a couple different cow calls on me (a hoochie and a mouth reed) so that if I need to like multiple cows, I have that option. Learn to use the mouth reeds even though it can be a little frustrating. For a bugle, I have used the power bugle for a couple years now and absolutely love it. Super easy to learn but make sure to carry extra reeds/bands for it as they tend to weather or eventually fall off. I always like to keep a scent on me too. Scent wafers - cow elk urine have been my choice for years

Wrayzer
07-25-2016, 06:24 PM
One thing to keep in mind is to try using a few calls at once to mimic a heard. Ive mixed using a mouth diaphragm and a Primos cow girl for results, I don't use them often but a hoochie mama as well with a free hand.

Using the Diaphragm as a bugle works great, sometimes the best bugles and cow chirps you can do are ones that don't sound manufactured.