PDA

View Full Version : No drones allowed to hunt in BC

MichelD
07-22-2016, 03:19 PM
B.C. government bans drone-assisted hunting
Wildlife Federation says it's a preventative measure to keep the practice from becoming a problem By Matt Meuse, CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/cbc-news-online-news-staff-list-1.1294364) Posted: Jul 22, 2016 2:07 PM PT Last Updated: Jul 22, 2016 2:07 PM PT

Hunters hoping to use a drone to track their prey will be out of luck in B.C.
The provincial government has amended the Wildlife Act, making it illegal to operate or possess a drone while on a hunting expedition. It is now also illegal for third parties to supply hunters with information obtained from a drone.
The change was made to the same section of the act that bans hunting with helicopters. Both come with a minimum fine of $2,500, but first-time offenders face as much as a $250,000 fine and two years in jail.
Al Martin, director of strategic initiatives for the B.C. Wildlife Federation, said drones are not widely used for hunting, and the ban is a preventative measure to keep it that way as drones become more readily available.
"Certainly it doesn't fall within the realm of fair chase that should be conducted when hunting," Martin said.

pro 111
07-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Thats great news . now we just have to ban the long range persuit hunting crowd and make it fair for the animals.
No sport in dropping an elk at 1200 yards with a good chance of wounding it.
My opinion.

sako79
07-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Thats great news . now we just have to ban the long range persuit hunting crowd and make it fair for the animals.
My opinion.

I agree with you Long Range Hunting is no sports or should not be allowed long range shooting is a sport

ellenbill
07-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Anything over 500 yards is absurd

Lozzie
07-22-2016, 05:05 PM
That is definitely an opinion. Some guys wound animals at 60 yards. True long range hunters shoot more than anyone else, know their gear and capabilities more than anyone else and usually have spent more time and money ensuring their gear is dialled in than anyone else, just because you are limited in your ability to shoot at longer ranges does not mean that you should be spouting off against those who are capable at longer ranges. PS I am primarily a bow hunter because I find little sport in rifle hunting. My opinion. Lol Also it's "pursuit" not unethical to use spell check.

My opinion.

scoutlt1
07-22-2016, 05:07 PM
My opinion.

"Hunting" with a drone and "long range" hunting of an animal are two completely different subjects IMO.

Lozzie
07-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Huh? Is that engrish?

I agree with you Long Range Hunting is no sports or should not be allowed long range shooting is a sport

Gateholio
07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Any sort of hunting other than the style of hunting that I do should be banned.

And there is already a thread on the drone topic...