PDA

View Full Version : Bad lands bino harness

Red_Mist
07-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Anyone running a badlands bino harness ? Thoughts ?

donny.brooke
07-22-2016, 05:04 AM
Nice harness but i found the bladder pouch in the back wasnt comfortable when wearing a pack so I cut it out. Have a look at the AGC pouches.

TrickleCharger
07-22-2016, 10:29 AM
I like mine and the bladder doesn't bother me with either of my packs. It is a little bulky for my 10x42's though, I think there are slimmer options out there that may be worth looking at. For the size of it it would be nice to have a couple of small exterior pockets, it has one mesh pouch inside and that's it. I do find it comfortable, protects the binos well and is easy to use.

BiG Boar
07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Yeah, they are great. I love mine. One time I went to the amazon and found one there. Near the river ;)

Useyourfeet
07-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Had one and it was decent. MUCH prefer the FHF harness or a HPG kit bag though. Better harness and easier access.

300rum700
07-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Had a buddy loose a pair of geovids on a river crossing because the magnet didn't hold and opened up. There's better options out there.

Brew
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM
I cut the bladder pouch out of mine as well. I wish it had a external pocket for a rangefinder.

Red_Mist
07-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Will be using 10x42 binos on the harness.

Brew
07-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Had a buddy loose a pair of geovids on a river crossing because the magnet didn't hold and opened up. There's better options out there.
He obviously didn't attach the geovids to the built in lanyards. Crappy mistake

TrickleCharger
07-22-2016, 06:51 PM
He obviously didn't attach the geovids to the built in lanyards. Crappy mistake

This. Don't let the possibility of the lid opening deter you as there are lanyards you attach to the binos. My model uses a split ring so it is a bit of a pain to get on and off which is probably why the poor guy had his unhooked. I plan on looking for some metal quick release clips so I can remove and attach to the tripod easily this season.

I guess there's still the concern of them coming out and getting damaged during a fall even when on the lanyard. But I think between the magnet and the deep design you'd have to be pretty unlucky for them to fall out.

Asco
08-20-2016, 10:08 PM
This is the one piece of kit I evangelize to every hunter I meet. The cat's ass.
I've run up and downhill, jumped across creeks, and crawled thru nastiness and never had a problem.

fits my gps in the bottom under 10-42 slc's

- cut out the bladder bag thingy
-put big (1" clip style) fishing swivels on the split rings so I can get the binos off easy if I want to share them