PDA

View Full Version : Elk hunt in BC (non resident) Silent mountain or Sawtooth outfitters?

Woodman Chasse Quebec
07-18-2016, 04:41 AM
I'm looking for an adventure elk hunt in BC for 2017. As non resident, I need an outfitters. Right now looking at either Silent Mountain or Sawtooth outfitters. Any help appreciated!

BgBlkDg
07-18-2016, 05:20 AM
Tuchodi Outfitters, High and Wild (used to be Big 9) or Stone Mountain Safaris, in NE BC would be my FIRST choices, as they have lots of game, actual wilderness areas and are served by air from Quebec.

Our elk hunting is in severe decline in most areas of BC, due to wolves, bears, and other environmental issues so the above, while perhaps a bit more $$$$$, are your best bet.

Moose Guide
07-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Shadow Mountain out of Riondel hunts in the Purcell Wilderness.

Woodman Chasse Quebec
07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Any particular reason for Shadow?

BgBlkDg
07-21-2016, 05:58 PM
I was born in that area, have hunted there since 1964, worked for the BCFS and BCFW there and know the area very well. One of the most successful hunters over the past 35 years there is my cousin and he is also a private pilot, runs a huge trapline and we both have seen a major decline in elk numbers there.

I do not know the people of Shadow, never met them and do not care where you choose to hunt, however, I have hunted, hiked, wilderness worked and explored most of BC for over a half century and NE BC HAS more elk. The outfits I suggested are VERY famous, well-established and I have also been there and SEEN FAR MORE elk, than EVER in the Kootenays.

Anyway, hope this helps, best of luck, nice to see our fellow Canucks, coming to hunt with us in BC.