PDA

View Full Version : How to understand Map H11 for region 7B?

MichelD
07-16-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm usually good at interpreting hunting regulations, but this one described below has me flummoxed.

I've been looking at 7B regulations and it says things like in area 7-20+ and 7-21+ that is open for six point elk in that part outside the shaded part of the region as indicated in Map H11. Okay, that's clear enough.

Then for 3-point elk and antlerless elk it says in area 7-20*, 7-21* and 7-46* that those open season are restricted to portions of those management units as indicated in Map H11.

Map H11 on page 82 of the current regs synopsis is called the "agricultural area" of the Peace Region. It roughly covers the area east of Hudson's Hope to the Alberta border and up to Osborne Creek north of Fort St. John and south to Oetata Creek south of Dawson Creek.

So my question is: Is the open season for three point elk and antlerless elk inside or outside the shaded area of Map H11?

I know you must seek permission to hunt on farmland, that's a no-brainer but as far as crown land goes, is this area open for the species indicated on page 80?

375shooter
07-16-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm usually good at interpreting hunting regulations, but this one described below has me flummoxed.

I've been looking at 7B regulations and it says things like in area 7-20+ and 7-20+ that is open for six point elk in that part outside the shaded part of the region as indicated in Map H11. Okay, that's clear enough.

Then for 3-point elk and antlerless elk it says in area 7-20*, 7-21* and 7-46* that those open season are restricted to portions of those management units as indicated in Map H11.

Map H11 on page 82 of the current regs synopsis is called the "agricultural area" of the Peace Region. It roughly covers the area east of Hudson's Hope to the Alberta border and up to Osborne Creek north of Fort St. John and south to Oetata Creek south of Dawson Creek.

So my question is: Is the open season for three point elk and antlerless elk inside or outside the shaded area of Map H11?

I know you must seek permission to hunt on farmland, that's a no-brainer but as far as crown land goes, is this area open for the species indicated on page 80?

The 3 point and anterless elk hunting area is INSIDE the shaded area.

MichelD
07-16-2016, 04:01 PM
The 3 point and anterless elk hunting area is INSIDE the shaded area.

Thank you.