PDA

View Full Version : Successful LEH draw and hunting within Provincial Park?

nolimits
07-12-2016, 05:21 PM
I cant find any info in the regs so I would like to ask it on the open forum here, so that guys with knowledge, or maybe a resident CO, can shed some light on this.
After 6 years of no success in LEH draws, I finally got a one this year. Good one too in my books. Moose/Caribou combo in 6-20. That MU is fairly large but a big portion is covered by Stikine River Provincial Park and Spatzizi Plateau Wilderness Provincial Park. Am I legally permitted with my LEH draw to hunt within the boundaries of those parks? If not, how exactly can I establish where the boundaries are to stay out?

Slinky Pickle
07-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Take a look here. For the most part, I think you're pretty much good to go.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/PARKS_HUNT.pdf

Ohwildwon
07-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Go to provincial parks web site, look up the park you intend to hunt, you will find the answer along with any restrictions..

Jrax
07-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Gladys lake eco reserve is within Spatsizi Park and closed for hunting. Other than that Spatsizi is open for hunting.

nolimits
07-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Take a look here. For the most part, I think you're pretty much good to go.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/PARKS_HUNT.pdf

Good find, thank you. According to what I read in this link, hunting within the parks is pretty much open for anybody during open hunting season. Is this the case?

tinhorse
07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
You bet. Just not national parks. Very few closed areas up there. Good luck.

palmer
07-12-2016, 06:24 PM
One of the biggest issues is access...Not may roads and some are blocked...The park is almost all hike or fly in, no roads...You should do your homework on 6-20 before driving up, can be very frustrating. I know from first hand knowledge and back then the old rail grade was still open

Ohwildwon
07-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Good find, thank you. According to what I read in this link, hunting within the parks is pretty much open for anybody during open hunting season. Is this the case?

In the parks you inquired, they are LEH only...