PDA

View Full Version : indian arm?

pointandshoot
06-15-2007, 05:04 PM
hey guys, gotta question for you. i was out at my uncles house in belcara (SP?) and he was saying that they have been seeing a lot of deer in the area. now of coase ioco is a no shooting area, but i was wondering about up the arm a little further. has anyone tried their luck further up indian arm, or on the north shore side. its only access is by boat, and i doubt there are too many trails in the area cause the bush looks pretty thick. anyone tried?

lip_ripper00
06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
pick up a map book and look at the size of Indian Arm Provincal Park. Both sides of the Arm are park, and about 1km in from the mouth of the Indian River. I had the same Idea:wink: very limited to where you can hunt.

One Shot
06-15-2007, 11:04 PM
There is a access closure along the indian river rd. at present. There is no access by motorized vehicles. If you plan on hunting there i would check with the Squamish F&W first and obtain permission. There is or maybe a hunting closure in there due to transplanted Elk that they want to settle in. They will fine if they catch you with a motized vehicle and or firearm (firearm depending on why you have it for and it better not be hunting). This all came from a discussion I had with them a 1 1/2 month ago.

Steeleco
06-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Since we can't drive around to the river without much trouble, I've often thought a guy with a boat and mountain bike could have a good day

lip_ripper00
06-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Since we can't drive around to the river without much trouble, I've often thought a guy with a boat and mountain bike could have a good day
yup but I will have to look into the hunting closure:wink:

BearSniper
06-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Indian Arm

Looking at the regs, unless I'm wrong, hunting is allowed within the park in a lawful game season. (pg 35)

The Ioco side by Buntzen park is a no shooting area.

I've heard reports of lots of game in there. It has your typical thick forested west coast vegitation. Good for deer:biggrin: