PDA

View Full Version : Parksville... where to fish?

Darksith
07-12-2016, 07:00 AM
So was planning on fishing Alberni starting Saturday but the commercial boys just cleaned it out. So heading to bamfield instead. Then popping over to Parksville for 5 nights. Where is a good place that will have an open slip I can rent for the boat and head out salmon fishing from there?

boxhitch
07-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Schooner Cove has seen better days, is the pub even open anymore ? but the islands are close with some nice structure

Frango
07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
An open slip in the mid island? Wow tough question. Schooner I would say full ,French creek full. Perhaps Nanaimo but not likley and too far away. Perhaps Comox but again too far away. Leave it on the trailer launch at French creek forget about a slip would be my suggestion. As far as fishing goes drag a flasher off the ball in the mud and put a plug up from flasher about 10 feet .

IronNoggin
07-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Current estimate 60 - 70,000 sockeye in the Inlet - majority "inside" waters.
Folks that know what they are doing are still catching.
Gillnet today, Seine later in the week...

Buddy that does well on the East Side just texted - OK for coho, slow on springs of any size. He well knows what's up.
Also noted getting a slip is quite unlikely at this point. Even he has taken to launching from French Creek daily now.

Let me know if you need further intel here...

Good Luck!
Nog

Surrey Boy
07-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Srupp has a brother who knows everything about fishing near there.

Shuswap guy
07-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Schooner cove in Nanoose or Deep Bay. 2 choices. Better luck at getting moorage in DB.

Surrey Boy
07-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Mooring bouy off Qualicum beach? You could borrow my canoe as a tender, I live just up the hill.