PDA

View Full Version : Manning Park

BCHoyt
07-12-2016, 04:18 AM
So the mrs and I were gonna go camping in Manning park for september long... Just wondering if there are any decent area's around there to look for mulies with my bow.. Not asking for honey holes, just never been in that area before..

dmaxtech
07-12-2016, 04:53 AM
No hunting in Manning Park. You'll need to drive out past East Gate. Lots of good area in Paseyten valley.

BgBlkDg
07-12-2016, 04:55 AM
I was told that hunting is quite decent across the river into the Crown Lands not actually IN the park; I can't verify this from my experience as I prefer going to the Kootenays, to hunt where I started 50+ years ago, but, check some maps and you might well find a personal "honeyhole".

I think the entire park should be opened to bowhunting, although I am not a bow hunter, seems fair to me and I see no good reason for we rifle hunters to be restricted in such high use areas.

We hunters NEED to get a LOT more aggressive to protect OUR right to hunt anywhere in OUR BC that we wish to, only genuine safety and environmental issues should be allowed to restrict this.

ruger#1
07-12-2016, 05:15 AM
Lots of rubs around Sunday summit. Few tracks. Seen a nice five point elk in there six years ago. It gets hunted hard back there.

BCHoyt
07-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Ok so what direction from Mule Deer campsite would be the best way to head and find a FSR?

palmer
07-12-2016, 02:41 PM
East...till you leave the park

Good2bCanadian
07-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Skagit......
All the best hunting is up the Skagit

ACE
07-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Pasayten ..... it gets 'looked at' quite heavily at times. Get off the beaten path. You'll see deer.

BCHoyt
07-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys.. I was gonna go fly fish the Pasayten river so Ill take the bow along too..

Wentrot
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Pasayten ..... it gets 'looked at' quite heavily at times. Get off the beaten path. You'll see deer.

Kind of the area iv been "looking" at as well. Wonder if there is much in the way of whitetails in the area. Regardless, the area would make for some great hiking.

ruger#1
07-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Matt. Garrison Lakes up behind Sunday summit has good fishing and hiking trails. I was parked at a dead end logging road up by the lakes. It was starting to get light. A few deer walked past my truck. Nice area. But all those areas turn into a gong show during hunting season. Some of the roads turn goose shit slippery. Keeps the cars out.

BCHoyt
07-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Well the upside is its bow season while Im there...