PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate rifle sling

lakelander
07-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Anyone have one of these rubber slings? https://youtu.be/7rS8p56vT-E

Looks really good and the reviews on Amazon are brilliant. I like the fact it won't slip off the shoulder and you can use the second strap to carry it across your back for those lengthy hikes. Thinking of ordering one. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thx.

Rhyno
07-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I am sure Everett will chime in, he uses them....if not that brand something very similar. Myself I just ordered a universal gun bearer, look forward to trying it out!

07-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Had one similar l bought from Grouse River a few years back. Believe it was European.......different material but did have the dual straps and quick releases so you could easily release with minimum body movement. Part of the strap was made of a rubber/neoprene material that prevented slipping off the shoulder. It was one of the best slings l ever owned and tough to boot, unfortunately it didn't survive an encounter with my Chessie pup. https://www.amazon.com/Vero-Vellini-Double-Forest-Leather/dp/B001PGXBYU

russm86
07-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I thought it looked like a great idea so I bought a couple. I have only tried one briefly a couple times and I think I have to play around with it a bit more. In my trials so far I have found that having the sling small/tight enough to carry comfortably on one shoulder would not be big/slack enough to actually be able to stretch one side over to the opposite shoulder (back pack style) without needing to be some kind of contortionist but maybe I was doing something wrong. Haven't had time to play around with it much more and look at the directions closer.

lakelander
07-11-2016, 07:45 PM
I thought it looked like a great idea so I bought a couple. I have only tried one briefly a couple times and I think I have to play around with it a bit more. In my trials so far I have found that having the sling small/tight enough to carry comfortably on one shoulder would not be big/slack enough to actually be able to stretch one side over to the opposite shoulder (back pack style) without needing to be some kind of contortionist but maybe I was doing something wrong. Haven't had time to play around with it much more and look at the directions closer.

This one is elastic rubber so it will comfortably stretch over the shoulder. Not sure the one you have is rigid. Looks easily done from the video.

LuckyIfYouGetOne
07-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Anyone have one of these rubber slings? https://youtu.be/7rS8p56vT-E

Looks really good and the reviews on Amazon are brilliant. I like the fact it won't slip off the shoulder and you can use the second strap to carry it across your back for those lengthy hikes. Thinking of ordering one. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thx.

I use these types of slings on all my rifles and shotguns. They are great and the sling gives you many different ways to carry your gun nice and snug with no slip. The one I use are from slogan outdoors and are called ultraflex firearm sling. Link to their site: http://www.bigbearhunt.com/SloganOutdoors/products.html

lakelander
07-11-2016, 09:29 PM
I use these types of slings on all my rifles and shotguns. They are great and the sling gives you many different ways to carry your gun nice and snug with no slip. The one I use are from slogan outdoors and are called ultraflex firearm sling. Link to their site: http://www.bigbearhunt.com/SloganOutdoors/products.html

Thanks. I saw some reviews saying the Slogan is the original and the Speciality Outdoors is a copy. I think I'll order one of each.

ajr5406
07-11-2016, 09:46 PM
$35US. Not bad...

russm86
07-12-2016, 08:42 AM
This one is elastic rubber so it will comfortably stretch over the shoulder. Not sure the one you have is rigid. Looks easily done from the video.

No, mine is the Specialty outdoors rubber elastic one, purchased directly from them so not a knockoff. The elastic is not very elasticy, won't easily stretch from one shoulder to another especially when the sling is adjusted tight enough to not have the gun dragging the ground when using as a standard single over the shoulder style sling. Even just to stretch the single sling over my head is difficult, to use in backpack style I'd have to be a contortionist or leave so much slack in the sling that it wouldn't be useable in a single sling configuration. As said above, I did not find it anywhere near as easy as they showed in their videos but maybe I was doing something wrong but still, the elastic didn't seem as stretchy as they showed either...

hoochie
07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
my wife got a sling on her rifle and it was rubber/elastic type. It was purchased because it was comfortable?
The sling lets the gun "bounce" when you walk, its very irritating.
Ditched the sling, wont get another one.

BRvalley
07-12-2016, 09:20 AM
I have two of these and gifted a 3rd, my only complaint is the same as russm86, I only use it as a single sling and it really does "stick" to my shoulder nicely with a bit of stretch and rifle feels lighter. Wearing a sweater or jacket the sling is too grippy and very hard to stretch over your head (maybe if you were shorter???).

In order to use as a backpack style sling you'd need to stop and readjust the length every single time, and I found that a bit finicky and a pain in the ass. Aside from that I like the sling and use it a lot, just only use as a single sling.

Although I like it, I wont ever order another as slogan outdoors is a joke to deal with, even the owner curt han lacks any shred of customer service...took 5 months to ship my order, multiple emails and phone calls saying it was on it's way, directly from curt himself.....my package wasn't post marked until after my visa complaint/refund, after I cancelled and ordered from brownells and had it in under 3 weeks...I'm seemingly not the only one, their facebook page would get hit with similar complaints but they delete them fairly quick

if you really want one, I'd order from brownells

are slogan and specialty outdoors different companies? both claiming to have the best sling? slings look identical and both companies based in Michigan...

MichelD
07-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Oops, sorry. wrong thread.

Everett
07-15-2016, 12:24 PM
I have 8 of them they are awesome best sling ever designed.

BiG Boar
07-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Depends if you're hunting with a day pack, then I believe there are better systems.