PDA

View Full Version : kamloops lake Sheep Draw

44inchStone
07-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Well the 1100:1 odd 3-29A Sheep draw for 1-20 November was won by a buddy of mine. It's typical that he is a newbee hunter and had the huge horseshoes you know where. I myself have put in for years but no go.
I'd sure like to help the guy out but unfamiliar with this particular area. I'm assuming that 1-20 november will be a fantastic time to shoot a dandy. Don't want this tag to go to waste. That's for sure.
Anyone with an idea as to a specific area to start would be much appreciated. The more guys and locations I send his way, the better the chances, however he will have to bust his butt and get it done. I've taken some great stones but no big horns. What a lucky little bugger

wrenchhead
07-11-2016, 06:08 AM
Lucky bugger! Glass them from the highway lookout across the lake and take your pick.

07-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I think if you can maybe dig up coach, he helped a guy on this one a couple years ago. He hasn't been posting but maybe someone can put you in touch

luckofthedraw
07-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Lucky draw. Once in a lifetime big horn. Where does your buddy live?

campking
07-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Will you be going with him on the hunt?
If not and as a newbee hunter I would advise him to look over as many rams as possible as it is easy to get wrapped up in the moment and harvest a smaller ram, with this draw
he has a chance at a real cranker!

Blainer
07-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Agree with above. I hope he knows what he has, there is an opportunity for a substantial record here.

calvin L
07-11-2016, 12:00 PM
The best draw in BC . Take his time and as said . LOOK over every Ram he can . Start reading , you tube on big Rams . Coach is working and fishing a ton right now but I will let him know . The look out from across the lake is a great spot . Start hiking the rail way tracks . Get boots on the ground . Start scouting now . This draw compared to the loto is like winning the loto max .

Good luck to your buddy

BigfishCanada
07-11-2016, 12:46 PM
My cabins are minutes from "A", they added a "B" zone this year so know your zones!!! I have seen many huge rams and them higher up the king of all rams, make sure you have time to take a boone cause i see them regulatory! You can have them call me if you want

BiG Boar
07-11-2016, 12:47 PM
I would spend time with as many knowledgeable sheep guys as he can so he doesn't just shoot what he thinks is a good ram. I would personally take off a week for scouting and a week for hunting. This tag sold by the outfitter is easily worth $40,000. Don't waste it.

markomoose
07-11-2016, 05:36 PM
WOW!The stuff dreams are made of?Good luck to your buddy.Were you invited to tag along?

kamloopshunter25
07-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Lots of dandies in there shouldn't be a problem finding one as I see Booners right on the road!

Cali
07-11-2016, 09:08 PM
I would spend time with as many knowledgeable sheep guys as he can so he doesn't just shoot what he thinks is a good ram. I would personally take off a week for scouting and a week for hunting. This tag sold by the outfitter is easily worth $40,000. Don't waste it.

That tag is worth double that! 180-190" Cali's are seen regularly off the lake. Agreed on the best draw in B.C.! Good luck and hope to see some pics!

mikek
07-12-2016, 11:35 AM
One was won by a lady in Dawson Creek

Darksith
07-12-2016, 11:48 AM
yup...invest the time, cause this opportunity won't come around again...I would be spending the entire hunt in the zone, take all the advice you can, take all the help you can find. There are some dandys in there, so cool!