PDA

View Full Version : Gcreek say's you bear hunters aren't pulling your weight ...

panhead
07-10-2016, 07:55 AM
suffering more losses on the range ...

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q716/panheadjohnny/IMG_0090_zps0uabn4fc.jpg (http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/panheadjohnny/media/IMG_0090_zps0uabn4fc.jpg.html)

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q716/panheadjohnny/IMG_0086_zpslhuqxgv6.jpg (http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/panheadjohnny/media/IMG_0086_zpslhuqxgv6.jpg.html)

speaking of suffering ... the three rings of marriage:
first comes the engagement ring
then the wedding ring
and finally the suffering

markomoose
07-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Living somewhat in the middle of the bush must be tough with predators.If it's not bears then your dealing with wolves?

srupp
07-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Yes definatly the uglier side of not harvesting correct amount of preditors..had a cow boss here yesterday 900 head? Had some bear wolf preditor issues too.
Steven

gcreek
07-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Thinking we have seen nearly 15 cows that went out with a calf 60 days ago and don't have one now. Seem to be a lot of black bear around this year. Judging by the claw marks on this calf I'm betting that is what got him.

kebes
07-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Didn't know black bears would go after cattle? Guess that's just another reason to go shoot another one in a few weeks :D

~T-BONE~
07-10-2016, 11:48 AM
15 outta the same range area? Possibly just one blood thirsty BB?

Corb89
07-10-2016, 12:53 PM
I can say with 100% certainty that bears prey on cattle, but it seems to be a very small percentage that do it. I think once they have it figured..thats it.

mpotzold
07-10-2016, 04:08 PM
2015 article-black bears were responsible for 47 to 50 per cent of all predator attacks on cattle in the Cariboo region.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/black-bear-attacks-on-calves-increasing-in-b-c-s-cariboo-region-1.3133185

mpotzold
07-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Some parts of Region 5 should have NCS & NBL on black bears. Maybe a bounty until the numbers are under control.
The 1994 Regulation requiring hunters to remove edible portions of black bears should be scrapped.

I've been hunting in 5-03 & parts of 5-04 for about 50 years.
In the last 10 years there has been a black bear population explosion. They are everywhere. Two years ago saw 14 black bears in just 3 days. Back in the 60's, 70's,80's we'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 per trip.
I'm sure they did a number on the moose population(newborn calves in particular) as fresh moose signs were almost non-existent.

Last year a hunting party that camped near Gang had to contend with some aggressive black bears on a daily basis. We left the area before they solved the problem.

Not too long ago driving near Ward Creek we saw a black bear approaching a cow-calf(cattle) herd that ran off when it saw us & shortly after another brown black bear approached from the opposite direction that also ran off when he saw us. Obviously both were looking for the opportune moment. Have photos of both somewhere.

Surrey Boy
07-10-2016, 04:56 PM
One of the chief reasons PETA & SPCA oppose predator control is to oppress ranchers.

One day I'd like to do some wolf hunting.

REMINGTON JIM
07-10-2016, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;1797440]Some parts of Region 5 should have NCS & NBL on black bears. Maybe a bounty until the numbers are under control.
The 1994 Regulation requiring hunters to remove edible portions of black bears should be scrapped.

I've been hunting in 5-03 & parts of 5-04 for about 50 years.
In the last 10 years there has been a black bear population explosion. They are everywhere. Two years ago saw 14 black bears in just 3 days. Back in the 60's, 70's,80's we'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 per trip.
I'm sure they did a number on the moose population(newborn calves in particular) as fresh moose signs were almost non-existent.

Last year a hunting party that camped near Gang had to contend with some aggressive black bears on a daily basis. We left the area before they solved the problem.

Yup Need to thin them down and get rid of the edible meat deal ! :cry: Friggin Predator just life a Wolf ! :-| JMO RJ

sausage lover
07-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I love shooting yummy bears! Butchering them sucks but it sure makes great burger:grin:

boxhitch
07-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Trophy hunting is to blame..................:tongue:
Lots of stories of BBear hunters passing on small bears waiting for a large rug or skull, never burning one tag let alone the two available , or four tags for those with trapline permission.

panhead
07-10-2016, 07:47 PM
I guess I'm not the only one that thinks Gcreeks cows taste good ... maybe buy a bar tag this year and put it to use. Was thinking of doing it on my spring fishing trip but as a fishin' bud says "why screw up a good fishin' trip?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of us are as dumb as all of us.

j270wsm
07-11-2016, 11:24 AM
I guess I'm not the only one that thinks Gcreeks cows taste good ... maybe buy a bar tag this year and put it to use. Was thinking of doing it on my spring fishing trip but as a fishin' bud says "why screw up a good fishin' trip?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of us are as dumb as all of us.

i think your friend has that backwards.......why screw up a good hunting trip by taking fishing rod.

gcreek
07-11-2016, 01:09 PM
i think your friend has that backwards.......why screw up a good hunting trip by taking fishing rod.

It can be quite difficult to separate panhead from his beer and a fishing pole.

Xenomorph
07-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Can I help with anything?

gcreek
07-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Can I help with anything?

Not legally at the moment.

Buck
07-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Interesting i was out scouting up the Relay Creek area this weekend and saw a calf with marks like that on its back.And not far away a good size Black bear.

Corb89
07-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Interesting i was out scouting up the Relay Creek area this weekend and saw a calf with marks like that on its back.And not far away a good size Black bear.
interesting, Gang's cattle arn't usually back that far this time of year

Buck
07-11-2016, 05:40 PM
interesting, Gang's cattle arn't usually back that far this time of year

This was closer to Liza lake by marshall lake on my way up to relay