PDA

View Full Version : Doe shot in Maple Ridge

ruger#1
06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Cash Reward for Sick-o Deer Hunter . . .

A $2,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person who tried to kill a pregnant doe in Maple Ridge. Conservation officers have received multiple reports from people who have seen the deer running about with an arrow stuck in its back.

Chuck
06-14-2007, 09:36 PM
See! that's what the antis are always looking for. Now it won't just be idiot HUNTER, but idiot BOW HUNTER. Probably just some dumb bored kid with a Wal-Mart kit.

Dirty
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
You should edit your post as this is clearly not a hunter it is a poacher.

ruger#1
06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
sorry that is the way it is printed in the paper, phone the province and bitch to them.

bruin
06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I think I will do just that tomorrow.

Silent Wolf
06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I read this at the GF house on the weekend talk about making a person sick.

I love what they do in Africa you get nailed poaching shot on site:biggrin:

That would sure put an end to this BullSchit.

SW

CHilko21
06-14-2007, 10:59 PM
This is horrible....in addition to being anti-fodder ( Cloverdale Rodeo Anyone?), it's just plain sick. See how the SOB who shot at the doe would like having an arrow dangling out of his/her/its back...sick people out there!

Bowzone_Mikey
06-15-2007, 02:50 AM
link to story

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=499763e2-87aa-453b-914f-4c41496bf685&k=81123

hunter1947
06-15-2007, 04:05 AM
That is what gives hunters a bad name ,some people out there are just not with it ,these people that do that kind of thing should be slapped in the face and throw en into a stinky toilet ,:twisted:.

Kevin21
06-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Conservation officers in Maple Ridge are hunting for a person who cruelly shot a mother deer with a target arrow.
While the doe was not critically injured, officers have decided not to remove the arrow from her back for fear it could separate her from her fawn.
"This was a heartless thing to do," conservation officer Terry Myroniuk said yesterday. "It's like taking a big nail and jabbing it right in."
Deer hunting is not in season now, and it is illegal to to use target arrows at any time. Target arrows are often used for recreation, while hunters are required to use sharper, and therefore more humane, arrows.

Myroniuk said he was called to Maple Ridge on Saturday afternoon after someone spotted the wounded deer. The conservation officer tracked the deer for about an hour, concluding the wound was not life-threatening.
"It's never favourable to capture or sedate a doe with a fawn," he said. "It's not quite like the movies -- when you sedate an animal, they can keep moving for quite some time. We might not be able to find the deer again and she might be separated from her fawn."
Myroniuk said the arrow will likely break off or pull out on its own. He's asked landowners in the area to monitor the deer to ensure she doesn't fall ill.
Resident Claude Ducharme said he's seen the doe and her fawn on his property numerous times.
"I've seen her up and about, and she seems to be doing fine," he said. "I don't know who would do something like this. It's terrible."
It's not the first time a deer has been illegally shot in Maple Ridge. Another doe was hit with an arrow last year.
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-877-952-7277. A reward of $2,000 is available if the person is successfully prosecuted. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=499763e2-87aa-453b-914f-4c41496bf685&k=81123

Bow Walker
06-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Some miserable motherless s.o.b. ought to be put away - period.

Banned fromn owning anything that could be construed as a weapon - for life.

boxhitch
06-15-2007, 09:31 AM
That maybe a little harsh, if it was a couple of 12 year old kids, who got adventuresome and couldn't find a squirrel to slay. or a gopher colony to conquer. or a black Teridactyl (crow) to drop from the sky and save the village.
We all were young once........

BCBear
06-15-2007, 09:36 AM
f it was a couple of 12 year old kids, who got adventuresome and couldn't find a squirrel to slay. or a gopher colony to conquer. or a black Teridactyl (crow) to drop from the sky and save the village.
We all were young once........

Like when I was 15 and bought my first set of Victor Coyote legholds and had my 12 year old siser test them out with her hand! Nothing broke but I got in major $#!+ !

boxhitch
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
sorry that is the way it is printed in the paper,

What version did you read or imagine ? the Province article makes no mention of hunters.
An example of how stories spin out of reality, only to be perpetuated by other storytellers.
We are doing ourselves a disfavor but not sticking to the facts, and the antis love it.

BigfishCanada
06-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Boxhitch, read the title, This Glenda posted that officers are looking for a hunter.

Officers hunt lame hunter who shot Maple Ridge deer with arrow

Glenda Luymes, The Province

Published: Friday, June 15, 2007

This is CRAP, Email Glenda and tell her, I did!

bsa30-06
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
See! that's what the antis are always looking for. Now it won't just be idiot HUNTER, but idiot BOW HUNTER. Probably just some dumb bored kid with a Wal-Mart kit.

Please edit post to read idiot POACHER.I hope they catch this guy but unless somebody saw him do it or he confesses i don't think they will.

bsa30-06
06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Boxhitch, read the title, This Glenda posted that officers are looking for a hunter.

Officers hunt lame hunter who shot Maple Ridge deer with arrow

Glenda Luymes, The Province

Published: Friday, June 15, 2007

This is CRAP, Email Glenda and tell her, I did!

Your absolutely right Bigfish, we should flood her with e-mails and demand that shye re-phases this.I'm sick of the media people printing what ever the hell they want.I will try and find her e-mail address and send one myself.

Elkhound
06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
well it's rephrased now...it says Poacher not hunter.

Elkhound
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
but it is not a pregnant doe...... it is a doe with a fawn according to the article.

Some jerk who has probably never hunted in their life if they used a target tip.

Gateholio
06-15-2007, 02:12 PM
BOW ONLY

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I agree wiht Boxhitch. probably a couple of kids not thinking straight...:(

kamloops killer
06-15-2007, 02:55 PM
We had a Asshole here in Kamloops who did that to a buck and he lost his crossbow and a Fine. It was a slap on the wrist. He was a student at TRU SO why do people like them care nothing will happen to the ass clowns.
Doug

Elkhound
06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
2 threads on the same topic so now merged.

Silent Wolf
06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Good job Elkpuppy, now I know why Marc pays you the big bucks to be a moderator on here:wink:

SW

ruger#1
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
What version did you read or imagine ? the Province article makes no mention of hunters.
An example of how stories spin out of reality, only to be perpetuated by other storytellers.
We are doing ourselves a disfavor but not sticking to the facts, and the antis love it. sorry there boxhitch , I didnt imagine anything that was a small byline in the province paper, But thank you anyways. This was also in the june 14 paper.

ruger#1
06-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe enough people bitched about yesterdays way it was written that she wrote it in a different way.