PDA

View Full Version : It's not a joke, it's all serious

Xenomorph
07-07-2016, 02:24 PM
*Disclaimer* Most of the pictures posted are available on the internet with no clear source posted. If such source is found I'll gladly forward permission or remove said pictures at request. This thread in not intended to infringe on any copyright, it's merely meant to be a tribute to the hard working, problem solving, always resourceful two legged beasts of a hunters out there :)

And with that I shall open up

http://i68.tinypic.com/255te13.jpg

HarryToolips
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
^^^lol is that you Xenomorph??

tuner
07-07-2016, 03:29 PM
^^^Could this be Fisher Dude's road hunting set up?

Clint_S
07-07-2016, 03:31 PM
I think if you had to pedal that load up any grade it would be pretty serious.

lip_ripper00
07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Jelvis !!!!

ruger#1
07-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Jelvis !!!!

No, His bike has training wheels.

warnniklz
07-07-2016, 04:52 PM
whatever gets you out in the field

argyle1
07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
I rekanyze'im....it's Pat McManus

Brno22F
07-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I rekanyze'im....it's Pat McManus

My first deer. Pigs.
I still chuckle every time I think of those stories.

Ferenc
07-07-2016, 08:26 PM
You need to raise your seat buddy !! Lol

limit time
07-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Jelvis !!!!

Jelvis don't hunt !

savagecanuck
07-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Poor man's quad!

HarryToolips
07-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Lol.............

RiverOtter
07-08-2016, 05:54 AM
Must hwve been a combo trip, judging by the O/U shotgun in the scabbard.......

Xenomorph
07-08-2016, 02:38 PM
^^^lol is that you Xenomorph??

Funny you mention that, I was trying my luck with the boss as to if I could buy a dirtbike for this purpose. Her reply was an email with the above photo, saying I can do this. Queue the TATATAAAAAAA!

Funny :), I'm still half expecting him to chime in about the good ol' times.

I think if you had to pedal that load up any grade it would be pretty serious.

Whomever ends up doing this seriously will need no squats for sure.

You need to raise your seat buddy !! Lol

I'm half convinced I'm going to do this to be honest. Even if just for the extra excuses to get out there. I mean before it used to be: "Honey I'm going hunting this weekend." then the plan, then the this and that.

Now ..."Honey, I'm going got a bike run" :)

AgSilver
07-08-2016, 03:31 PM
I was thinking a lot about this last year. I have a really good mountain bike and, if you have a decent trail/road system to ride around on, it'll be faster than walking and quieter than quadding...just have to be in REALLY good shape for some regions.

J_06
07-09-2016, 04:00 PM
I have a similar setup. Works great, I've ridden up on lots of bears, moose and all kinds of small game. I use a children's "chariot" and atv rifle "U" mounts on the handle bars.

Buckmeister
07-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I was thinking a lot about this last year. I have a really good mountain bike and, if you have a decent trail/road system to ride around on, it'll be faster than walking and quieter than quadding...just have to be in REALLY good shape for some regions.

I have done this....once. It was quite the workout for sure. I parked my truck in a central location, got the bike out and pedaled/pushed (uphill) it around on a trail circuit. Didn't see any game that day though. Certainly faster than walking if you want to cover some ground.

Xenomorph
07-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Season's coming up ...my hero right here :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/sn2qfl.jpg

I've done it on foot, climbing down the mountain carrying it like that, never on a bike.

wideopenthrottle
07-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Season's coming up ...my hero right here :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/sn2qfl.jpg

I've done it on foot, climbing down the mountain carrying it like that, never on a bike.

used to do it that way ..over the shoulder (not on a bike) but stopped after spending a half hour picking deer ticks out of my wool jacket, sweater and hair

Squamch
07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
I've been thinking about using my bike for the first leg of a LONG walk in this fall. It's 15km of really nice fairly flat road, behind a gate that even I cannot circumnavigate in a vehicle, then turns into a steep 4wd road. I might just start looking into a trailer and an xc bike for the first leg, wouldn't need to wear my pack that way.

wideopenthrottle
07-29-2016, 04:05 PM
I've been thinking about using my bike for the first leg of a LONG walk in this fall. It's 15km of really nice fairly flat road, behind a gate that even I cannot circumnavigate in a vehicle, then turns into a steep 4wd road. I might just start looking into a trailer and an xc bike for the first leg, wouldn't need to wear my pack that way.

i too have considered the bike option for the scenario you described but i wont even leave a coffee cup unattended as others i have known have lost jackets and knap sacks and shed antlers after stashing them on the road side...bikes are even harder to hide

MichelD
07-29-2016, 04:18 PM
I packed part of a bear out in a bike trailer once, with a hindquarter in a backpack too. Had to go to the chiro after.

"What happened?" he asked.

Got a heck of a look on his face when I told him.

Bugle M In
07-29-2016, 04:57 PM
ummmmm....hate to say this....but uhhhmmm....
that 1st pick is exactly how I hunt in the EK.
I mount the rifle the same way.
I just have a way cooler bike, and I'm much better looking!!!

Lastcar
07-29-2016, 10:32 PM
ummmmm....hate to say this....but uhhhmmm....
that 1st pick is exactly how I hunt in the EK.
I mount the rifle the same way.
I just have a way cooler bike, and I'm much better looking!!!

But is your seat bottomed out? Super white brand new British Knights shoes?

Cause that is where this guy really steps up his game. No pun intended.