PDA

View Full Version : 7 07 area

b.c hunter 88
07-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Hello
whats 7-07 like for hunting, buddy got a grizz leh im going with him believe there a moose and deer season there wear going to fernie area for his goat draw believe theirs a elk season there. grizzly lake area is the plan sept 10 to sept 15 there and 15 to 20 in fernie. any pictures of the area. thanks

250 sav
07-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Haven't hunted in 7 07 for about 8 years but got our moose by Pitoney lake, wansa lake, willow river (coalmine rd). Saw grizz most years and some pockets of deer.Did a day trip from pg 3 years ago and buggled in a elk by the bowron river but it stayed in the thick so I couldn't confirm 6.

monasheemountainman
07-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Hunt the salmon run in the willow...never saw a grizz when we were going for my tag there a few years back but they def are there just hit the salmon run

Frango
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
I have seen two in 7-07 both close encounters. One about 2 km south of Wansa lake. Very big male. I was walking the road and he was following me. I was just about to get in the truck when he walked around the bend. The other was a female with a cub that charged me and stopped perhaps 40 feet from me. The cub had taken off so that is what probably saved me. I was within seconds of shooting her and most likely would have been a news story. The cub was spectacular and would be ready for harvest. This unfolded perhaps 1 km south of Grizzly lake at the back end a big meadow. I still hear her jaw snapping and her puffing at me. I had a shot of whiskey after that. Good luck.

J_06
07-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Get off the roads and everything your looking for is around. See decent amounts of blackbear, moose, the odd grizz or mule deer. Decent amount of traffic year round, looks like the rest of northern bc.

browningboy
07-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Haven't been there for a while now but the beaver bear road is where we used to go and we always seen them up the offshoots, one road that comes to mind is cub rd but like it's been 15 years or so