PDA

View Full Version : 3-42 boundries

zpruden
07-04-2016, 03:20 PM
can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for info on zone 3-42 boundaries, I've tried to call the conservation office but no luck.
thanks

butthead
07-04-2016, 03:39 PM
go on google earth
go to LAYERS
boarders and labels
put check mark in box
there you have it

zpruden
07-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks butthead
it doesn't seem to be working. i have goggle earth pro, when i check the borders and labels i can't see the the zone out line. what would you put in the search bar for the area?

butthead
07-04-2016, 08:12 PM
go to a spot u know in that region and zoom down then you should see a light green line and thats the region boarder

Slinky Pickle
07-04-2016, 08:16 PM
There is no MU borders in the standard offering of Google Earth. butthead must have added an overlay layer at some point.

zpruden, take a look at this video and see if it helps. https://youtu.be/EqRXKLeNVBo

Squamch
07-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Doesn't the backroad mapbook have that info too?

butthead
07-05-2016, 05:17 AM
Doesn't the backroad mapbook have that info too?

i just have the basic google earth
theres nothing like looking down on a clear cut with the line looking exactly where the line is

khoffnbud
07-05-2016, 09:57 AM
are you looking for the general area boundaries or did you get a draw with specific areas?

zpruden
07-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I got a moose draw for 3-42, I've never been up in that area, so I'm gathering info. I've got three trips planned for this summer to head up and do some exploring, but id like to have a map of the area.

boxhitch
07-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Adams river drainage, to the height of land
If the water flows to the Adams, its good to hunt

zpruden
07-06-2016, 07:26 PM
thanks Boxhitch
have been up that way much?

khoffnbud
07-07-2016, 11:11 AM
not to discourage but having spent ample time in the area, i'd say i'm less than pleased with the moose population. Not saying you won't be lucky but it'll be tough. The only bull I ever saw in there came home with me, but granted 95% of the time I spent in there was north of tum tum. On another note, if anyone knows who got the 2 leh goat draws for 3-42, i'd be happy to help, i've had that draw 5 times over 12 years.

tigrr
07-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Data BC Web map library downloaded to google earth. Then under wildlife and plant species scroll down to wildlife management units. It puts a overlay on the map. It was a year ago I was show how to down load this. Don't remember how now.

zpruden
07-15-2016, 09:55 AM
i got a layer on goggle earth which really helped out. thanks for the help everyone, headed up this weekend to start looking around. time to put in the pre season work

VFX_man
06-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks butthead
it doesn't seem to be working. i have goggle earth pro, when i check the borders and labels i can't see the the zone out line. what would you put in the search bar for the area?

Do you have a smart phone? If so, get the Hunt Buddy application. Has all of the overlay and zone map info you need, it will show you on the map where you are [GPS, not cellular dependant]. Helped someone who was 1 road off of their zone last year. Could have been unfortunate for them. You can also order topo maps, I just screen captured the area from Google earth and stitched them together with 1km grid lines. Hunt Buddy also has all of the regulations for the BC Zone you are in.

Cheers, VFX

wideopenthrottle
06-22-2017, 02:42 PM
an accidental trick i stumbled on is look for areas with roads/trails that go back and forth between 2 different mu's.....get really intimately familiar with where the boundary is and hunt on your side... most people it seems will not risk being in the wrong zone so hunting pressure is reduced....when WT were LEH i hunted between the two kettle rivers right on the zone boundary (height of land) during LEH and was successful several times....