PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas carnivore grinders

last light
07-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried the new line of grinders yet.

I see they have a few cosmetic differences comparing to the old ones. Are there any other differences?

Is there anyone out there that has tried both maybe, which one do you prefer?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Beaverhunter
07-02-2016, 09:00 PM
I am looking at buying one aswell the 1 hp is on sale right now $649 on for $499

longwalk
07-02-2016, 09:41 PM
I just picked up the 1HP model the other day. Went digging through the freezer for some left over roasts to put through the grinder. Not enough left to make it worthwhile. Have to wait for youth season and my kids. The machine itself is heavy and appears to be well made. Can't wait to use it.

07-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Have a 3 year old (?) 1 HP from Cabelas that treats us well..........keep what ever your grinding well chilled and its a pleasure to use and easy to clean up.

I am looking at buying one aswell the 1 hp is on sale right now $649 on for $499 I think l bought mine on the same priced sales pitch.....must be a good one, they keep using it! :)

last light
07-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Does anybody have experience with the old line verses the new carnivore line. Which one do you prefer. thanx!

Beaverhunter
07-05-2016, 12:47 AM
I bought the 1 hp tonight can't wait to test it out this weekend.

last light
07-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I bought the 1 hp tonight can't wait to test it out this weekend.

Sweet! Congrats on a nice buy. Please let us know what you think after some use. Thanks!

one-shot-wonder
07-05-2016, 10:09 PM
I purchased the 3/4HP last fall. It didn't arrive until Jan as the old line was sold out so they gave me the new generation. Appears to be the same as the original generation but with a cool-gel pack to keep the auger assembly cold. Not sure they are worth $100 more than the 1st gen. I didn't have to pay so don't mind.

Have ground 75lbs of moose trim in literally minutes! Cleaning takes longer than the actual grinding time. Very impressed so far and the cold gel pack keeps things quite cold and not a problem if your meat is thawed and not frozen.

last light
07-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info one-shot. Sounds like pretty good reviews from most people on here as well as their site reviews. Might just have to wrap it up one of these days!