PDA

View Full Version : Half Mount Stone

Elk-Aholic
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I am completing my stone's sheep half mount and am looking for idea's/styles on the wooden back board. I have access to any kind of wood imaginable and all the wooden tools I need so that is not an issue. If you guys/gals have any half mount deer, sheep, or goat I would love to see the pictures of the wooden back board for them. Thanks a million. GoatGuy, it's a dink so don't worry.

1/2 slam
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Consider having your taxidermist make the back in stone(imitation) rather than wood. IMO it looks better. But to each his own.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree with Half-Slam. It's a Stone's sheep. Not a Wood Sheep:-D!

And if I remember correctly it's a damn fine one at that8)!! You'll need to post pics when it's finally done.

SSS

GoatGuy
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I am completing my stone's sheep half mount and am looking for idea's/styles on the wooden back board. I have access to any kind of wood imaginable and all the wooden tools I need so that is not an issue. If you guys/gals have any half mount deer, sheep, or goat I would love to see the pictures of the wooden back board for them. Thanks a million. GoatGuy, it's a dink so don't worry.

Still waiting on a half mount grizz - should get it before I die!

Here's a picture of what I've got the last two years

Enjoy

:roll:

BlacktailStalker
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Ahhhhh where's the pics !? You aren't allowed to do that ! :)

Hank Hunter
06-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I think that is the pic.

BlacktailStalker
06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
LOL! He's due then.

hunter1947
06-15-2007, 03:54 AM
Nice pic ,it sure is a whooper ,:mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
06-15-2007, 04:48 AM

Enjoy

Maybe I should be helping out a newbie hunter such as yourself:D.

You should have come with me the other night and I would have let you shoot ole Scar Face:wink:. We may have needed a oxy-actylene torch to loosen up that trigger of yours. I think it's beyond the WD40 stage.

Hurry up and get that software for your video camera. At least then you could make a contribution or two to this site other than telling guys they shouldn't use partitions:wink:.

SSS

BCrams
06-15-2007, 08:17 AM
GG is a conservationist. He hunts but doesn't shoot his animals.

He simply has a creative imagination for all his success.

GoatGuy
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Maybe I should be helping out a newbie hunter such as yourself:D.

You should have come with me the other night and I would have let you shoot ole Scar Face:wink:. We may have needed a oxy-actylene torch to loosen up that trigger of yours. I think it's beyond the WD40 stage.

Hurry up and get that software for your video camera. At least then you could make a contribution or two to this site other than telling guys they shouldn't use partitions:wink:.

SSS

Like Boxhitch there was no voicemail on my phone?:confused:

I got the software now I need the time.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Actually, I never called as I heard that Calvin put up a bounty on the head of any bear I shoot. I'm hunting solo until I get me a "booner"!:wink::-D

SSS

JohnS
06-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Enjoy

This kinda looks like my picture for the past 3 yrs LOL!! " Blank "

Elk-Aholic
06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
GG, I think you're still looking for your ammo.....check your pockets, but I'd assume there's too much dust in there from lack of use.

GoatGuy
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM
GG, I think you're still looking for your ammo.....check your pockets, but I'd assume there's too much dust in there from lack of use.

Bullets are in the gun - - too many g bears that want a piece of me.

Don't you worry I'll be shooting this fall or the gf will fire me!

The real problem is the critters don't stand around long enough for me to get the camera out, film and then set up the camera and then shoot.

Either that or I forget the film all together and then it's just a lost cause.
:cry:

Wish I would have remembered the extra film this spring.

And yes it's just a dink!

Why don't you post up the pics of those critters you saw last week?

one-shot-wonder
06-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't you worry I'll be shooting this fall or the gf will fire me!

The real problem is the critters don't stand around long enough for me to get the camera out, film and then set up the camera and then shoot.

Either that or I forget the film all together and then it's just a lost cause.
:cry:

Wish I would have remembered the extra film this spring.

You can never keep up...maybe this fall your in luck as this knee injury has slowed my to more of a "goat's" pace...Your in luck i will film you if you can convince me you might actually shoot something!:mrgreen:

358mag
06-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Dont worry Goat Guy seen the mount and have to wonder how it passed inspection and got plugged

boxhitch
06-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I know where it came from. Thats all there is in that area, dinks.
Elky - hope you kept the whole cape. Mount front half on a stone base for the living room. Mount the rear half, standing in full display, for the wall in the bedroom.

Fisher-Dude
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Elky - hope you kept the whole cape. Mount front half on a stone base for the living room. Mount the rear half, standing in full display, for the wall in the bedroom.

SSS, with his newfound love of domestic sheep, gave me a copy of his favourite magazine that has some sheep mounting advice in it, including mounting sheep in the bedroom. That boy is a bit different since that grizz hunt. :???:

http://www.painlesswayne.com/JEEPERS%20%20JPEGSHEEPERS.jpg

boxhitch
06-21-2007, 06:20 AM
F-D, I'm not going to ask how you know about that kind of thing........Hotlinked probably.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Okay, F/D........I'm really starting to worry about you:-?.
Pretty soon you'll be trading the Wolfhound in on a Border Collie to help round up a date:shock:.

SSS

GoatGuy
06-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Ahahahahaha, now that is funny!!!!!

Obviously they do things different in the S.OK

Fisher-Dude
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Okay, F/D........I'm really starting to worry about you:-?.
Pretty soon you'll be trading the Wolfhound in on a Border Collie to help round up a date:shock:.

SSS

Not a chance. That hound is a "chick-magnet". Everyone loves a scruffy mutt! :biggrin:

Elk-Aholic
06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Does anybody have any half mount pics for me??? I know GG is still looking for something to shoot in order to get it mounted, haha....I think it would be a good idea to put some pics up to let GG know what game looks like. We'll find oyu something this year GG, even if it's a squirel.

358mag
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Hell I know were it came from too maybe will put the "GPS" co-ordinates in a sealed envelope and sell it to the highest bidder next Wild Sheep Fundraiser !!!!!!!

cmfic1
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Not really a background Wood kind of idea, but one I will really like. My Taxidermist/Friend here in Alberta (Jim Boland) has a semi/sorta plan going on in his head, it involves a 1/2 or 3/4 mount of a Deer/Sheep etc. the mount sits on top of a Gun chest/cabinet. He showed me the rough idea on paper, and when he finalizes it, I know I will be getting one done.
The Mount is only about 4-5' high, and the Case holds the Rifles horizontally. When you open the doors, you can see each individual Rifle laying there.....twill be nice I'm sure.

Elk-Aholic
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Hell I know were it came from too maybe will put the "GPS" co-ordinates in a sealed envelope and sell it to the highest bidder next Wild Sheep Fundraiser !!!!!!!

I wish I could remember where I got it, I think all those concussions are catching up on me. Maybe I should get counselling or drugs to help me.

358mag, it's not worth that much considering all you have to do is drive there, open the door, walk a few hundred meters and bang, dead sheep...but I'll split the winnings with you.