PDA

View Full Version : 7-3 grizz. How's my plan?

smallfry14
06-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Hello. Originally, I wasn't going to get in on the "got the draw in __, help!!" threads, but I suppose it can't hurt. I've been to 7-3 before hunting elk but never into the back country. I applied for the grizz tag to go along with a goat unit but never got the goat tag.

My plan is to get into the high country and try to catch grizz feeding high up on berries, maybe I can scout for goats at the same time ha ha. Is it realistic to find grizz in the high country around here? Or are there rivers in the unit full of salmon that catch all of their attention in the fall? Never hunted grizz before so any tips are appreciated. Thanks !!

edit: I'm gonna be spending lots of time looking for Clearwater mulies this year. Maybe a good tip on grizz in the unit can be exchanged for some clearwater mulie info.

bc_buckshot
06-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Pm Srupp he is the grizzly guy. He can inform you all about them and what to look for a good advice. He might not know the area but end of the conversation you will know a lot about them

swampthing
06-30-2016, 08:01 PM
I think your plan is solid. I don't know 7-3 but I do know I ALWAYS see grizz when I am goat huntin.

smallfry14
07-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I think your plan is solid. I don't know 7-3 but I do know I ALWAYS see grizz when I am goat huntin.
Good to know, sounds good.

bc_buckshot- yep, srupp pm'd me. thank you.

Is there any point in buying an elk tag? Thought I remember reading that they stick to the farmer's fields and valley bottoms around there.