PDA

View Full Version : 7-25 leh moose draw

livetohunt
06-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Hey guys and gals

Friend of mine pulled an leh draw for the first 2 weeks in October in 7-25. We haven't been up there in close to 10 years now. Curious on others experience in the area how the numbers are looking. We also have 2 youths coming with us this year which Sha'll be a fun experience for them! Any info camping etc would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

walks with deer
06-30-2016, 04:23 PM
I think dolphin lake is where you want to go..I have heard of the odd elk around there aswell.

Stresd
06-30-2016, 04:47 PM
I think dolphin lake is where you want to go..I have heard of the odd elk around there aswell.

Ceptin that Dolphin lake is in 7-26

livetohunt
06-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Walks with deer , I did look into Dolphin lake and its in 7-26 , appreciate the info tho regardless! Hoping someone has some info to pass along regarding 7-25.

livetohunt
08-20-2016, 05:02 PM
No one hunts 7-25 that could share some info!?

Arctic Lake
08-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Hey guys and gals

Friend of mine pulled an leh draw for the first 2 weeks in October in 7-25. We haven't been up there in close to 10 years now. Curious on others experience in the area how the numbers are looking. We also have 2 youths coming with us this year which Sha'll be a fun experience for them! Any info camping etc would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Can't really help you as this will be my first trip into 7-25 this year. Drew an any bull LEH for that MU.Let me know how you make out, vise versa.
Arctic Lake
Arctic Lake

livetohunt
08-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Best of luck Arctic Lake , we'll be in touch!

papaken
08-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Tezzeron Lake has a campsite. Careful if you hunt by boat as the lake can get pretty windy and has some shallow areas. Also the north side of the lake is 7-26.

Arctic Lake
08-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Tezzeron Lake has a campsite. Careful if you hunt by boat as the lake can get pretty windy and has some shallow areas. Also the north side of the lake is 7-26.

Thanks for the information Papken !
Arctic Lake

livetohunt
09-11-2016, 06:44 PM
October 1st is creeping in and our pre trip packing has begun. We're still deciding on a few spots to set up camp as we'll be in 7-25 for 16 days, leaning towards the north eastern side... From previous posts in recent years for this area I get mixed feelings on moose numbers. Either way im looking forward to hiking , calling and bush living , a moose / deer will be the cherry on top! Best of luck to everyone this season!! Possibly see you up there Arctic Lake! Best of luck!

Uzi
09-11-2016, 08:01 PM
My Family Has Hunted This Area For The Last 25 years but last year we Hunted hard Here with draws Struggled to Find Area To Hunt Fairly grown up and lots of traffic every year in the past 6 has gotten harder and harder to hunt...got my bull off of grassom lake, left our boat/motor/life jackets/GasTank/fishingRodsandGear/hip waiters /and paddles at the lake for the night while we delt with the animal 20 minutes away back at camp...went back in the morning only to find all had been stolen except the boat put a huge damper on the trip major p&ss off!!! we put in elsewhere this year! Trust no one watch your gear anything That Isn't Bolted Down...aside from that find the water you'll find the animals that's all I can say Goodluck To Ya

Arctic Lake
09-11-2016, 09:27 PM
My Family Has Hunted This Area For The Last 25 years but last year we Hunted hard Here with draws Struggled to Find Area To Hunt Fairly grown up and lots of traffic every year in the past 6 has gotten harder and harder to hunt...got my bull off of grassom lake, left our boat/motor/life jackets/GasTank/fishingRodsandGear/hip waiters /and paddles at the lake for the night while we delt with the animal 20 minutes away back at camp...went back in the morning only to find all had been stolen except the boat put a huge damper on the trip major p&ss off!!! we put in elsewhere this year! Trust no one watch your gear anything That Isn't Bolted Down...aside from that find the water you'll find the animals that's all I can say Goodluck To Ya

Wow ! That bad ! Is this others experience in 7-25 ? I hunted an hour north of P.G. in 7-23 years ago, left the camp all day almost every day for the whole week came back nothing missing .
Arctic Lake

papaken
09-11-2016, 10:06 PM
We never had a problem with anything going missing in all the years we hunted up around Tezzeron/Pinchi lakes. Knock Wood!!! Always lots of hunters on the roads need to find the deactivated ones or walk the very back of the cuts. Surprising how much sign you will find 20 or 30 yards back in from the tree line. We didn't get any draws this year for 7-25. I am headed up to 5-2 next Saturday to help a friend and his daughter with their LEH moose hunt and hopefully find a nice buck. Good luck

livetohunt
09-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Thanks UZI and Papaken for the heads up, both not what you like to hear but I do appreciate the heads up on the area! We've hunted 7-24 in years passed with success. Hoping everything will come together for our group. Once again thanks for the heads up, happy hunting!