PDA

View Full Version : Access into Yohetta 5-4E for goats?

WWBC
06-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post on HBC and will be my second season hunting. I've been reading this forum for just over a year and have found a ton of helpful information. Thank you

So, I just got my LEH back and won a Yohetta goat draw for area E Sept 1- Oct 31! Stoked, now the research and hill training begins. :-)
Do any of you guys have any information on accessing this area. How far can you get a truck/Quad? Are there any developed hiking or outfitter trails in the area? How much time is required to get into goat country and back?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tanner

Andrewh
06-28-2016, 01:18 PM
I took a goat out last year but pretty sure it might be the last one a non-native is going to take...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?128720-Vancouver-Sun-June-25-16-see-quot-TNG-quot-article

WWBC
06-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks--
Just looked at the maps in the links you posted, Looks like the MU in not officially within their awarded territory. But its surrounded by it...

Too bad, might not be worth the drama

jessonml
06-28-2016, 03:06 PM
I was in there last year with Andrew ... absolutely stunning country. LOTS of Grizz. There's gotta be a way to come in from the East rather than coming down from Hwy 20. Anyone know a way in?

cyalatte
06-28-2016, 04:58 PM
By restricting access to this area (outside of the land claim area), they have created their own personal land claim by not allowing access via the Davidson Bridge route. A large portion of this road is outside of the land claim, including the area that travels up the west side of Taseko. That ain't right...

warnniklz
06-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Fly in to taseko then two feet and a heart beat?