PDA

View Full Version : Info for 3-42 moose hunting

Bearcat2
06-28-2016, 09:05 AM
Yahoooo finally got a draw!! Any tips/info that would help me out would be awesome that might help me bag me a moose. 😊

ElliotMoose
06-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Tip number 1 would be to make your first post a joke as tradition goes instead of a request for information! :mrgreen: Where are you from? How long have you been hunting? Have you ever hunted moose before? Lots of local knowledge on this site but guys tend to keep their lips sealed when someone throws up a first post asking where to go to shoot their moose. Just my two cents! Welcome to the site, be sure to post up stories and pictures of your hunt regardless of whether or not something hits the ground

Bearcat2
06-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the tip Elliot Moose, being new to the forum, it helps. �� This isn't my first moose just my first moose draw, have donated for years and finally got lucky lol. Have been hunting for many years and have a trapline. I have harvested moose, deer and black bear. Am not a youngster....dang it!!

miner_luke
06-28-2016, 12:14 PM
One tip I can give you that works for any new area is to spend some time looking at the satelite images of the areas you are interested in on Google maps it gives you a good birds eye view of the area to help you get some idea of what to expect if you've never been to an area before. It doesn't replace boots on the ground scouting but it does help give a you a start on maybe some areas to focus more on.

J_T
06-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Here's a tip. On this site, learn to filter that which is imperative, over that which others would have you believe.

A fleeing Taliban terrorist, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan desert when he saw something far off in the Distance.
Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the mirage, only to find a very frail little old Jewish man standing at a small makeshift display rack - selling ties.
The Taliban terrorist asked, "Do you have water??

The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5."

The Taliban shouted hysterically, "Idiot Infidel! I do not need such an over-priced western adornment. I spit on your ties. I need water!

"Sorry, I have none, just ties - pure silk, and only $5."

"Pahh! A curse on your ties! I should wrap one around your scrawny little neck and choke the life out of you but . . . I must conserve my energy and find water!"

"Okay," said the little old Jewish man. It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie from me, or that you hate me, threaten my life, and call me infidel. I will show you that I am bigger than any of that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles, you will find a restaurant. It has the finest food and all the ice-cold water you need. Go In Peace."

Cursing him again, the desperate Taliban staggered away, over the hill.

Several hours later, he crawled back, almost dead, and gasped, "They won't let me in without a tie!”

Bearcat2
06-28-2016, 04:56 PM
have been pouring over Google maps and government maps online.... now that's a challenge lol
thinking of doing a preseason scouting trip as well, new area never been before...
thanks

khoffnbud
06-28-2016, 06:11 PM
fyi, any maps you find will be outdated and not truly accurate. not to discourage, but 3-42 is becoming quite overgrown