PDA

View Full Version : clearwater area

eddy p
06-27-2016, 06:58 PM
my son just got a moose draw for mu 3-40, i have never hunted that part of BC for moose. i myself tend to moose hunt further north. he asked me to tag along, so come nov 1st moose hunting it is. question to you folks , how;s the hunting in 3-40 deer,bear ,moose thanks kindly.

Vladimir Poutine
06-27-2016, 07:04 PM
my son just got a moose draw for mu 3-40, i have never hunted that part of BC for moose. i myself tend to moose hunt further north. he asked me to tag along, so come nov 1st moose hunting it is. question to you folks , how;s the hunting in 3-40 deer,bear ,moose thanks kindly.

Oct or Nov? They tripled the # of LEH in 40 about 3 years ago. It's working. There are few to be seen. Don't mean to bum you out. You could get real lucky. Lots of logging going on there the last 3 years. Somewhat limited for road access. Road 9 is the main in and out, and you can access the area from the North thru Avola or Hole in The Wall. Shoot me a PM when you get closer to your hunt. I will give any info I have then.

eddy p
06-27-2016, 07:28 PM
that would be great ,the moose hunt starts nov 1st to nov 30th, not sure about a time frame yet dates and such.

luckofthedraw
06-28-2016, 07:19 AM
The snow can fly pretty good in November, but the main road will likely be maintained due to the amount of logging. Be on the lookout for wolves; they've been bad the past half dozen years or so.