PDA

View Full Version : No LEH so????

MichelD
06-27-2016, 01:04 PM
With no LEH for me it looks like I'll have lots of time for mule deer this year.

I'm not complaining or alleging its rigged or flawed or anything; over the years I've had two rosie draws, a moose, a sheep, mule deer doe draws and goat too.

Maybe I should try something crazy I've never done before like GOS elk in the Kootenays or something else like GOS moose in region Seven. Those antler restrictions for moose look really confusing though.

I was ready to drive to Vanderhoof and beyond for a moose draw so why not drive the equivalent kilometres towards Cranbrook?

I bought that new truck with the BFG KO2s last year for more than going to the Superstore after all.

b.c hunter 88
06-27-2016, 01:17 PM
you and me both i got nothing to gonna try for a mountain goat again.

Sharpish
06-27-2016, 02:20 PM
I found some GOS goats last year VERY close to lower mainland .. so I'm going to make that a 4 day weekend hunt. And then the usual slaughter of blacktails during the rut up island ...

ruger#1
06-27-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm in the same boat Michel. Whitetail does are still open in R8. Not to sure of R3.

Amphibious
06-27-2016, 02:55 PM
A goat hunt is something everyone should try at least once, and there are tons of great GOS areas if you're willing to put in the effort.

Ryo
06-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Triple header! Blacktail, Mulie, Whitetail. Too bad I've never seen a whitetail deer on crown land...

b.c hunter 88
06-27-2016, 05:56 PM
i hunted goats around me for a few years on the coast hear in 2-12 long climb to get to them but totally worth it. finally had a chance at a nice billy and the gun screwed up sure glad i wasn't bear hunting. got rid of that gun. goats are very fun adventure to try to hunt.

tuffcityhunter
06-27-2016, 06:08 PM
YUP NO LEH.
Gonna try for a sheep hunt I guess. Been planning for months just in case this happened. Maybe that was bad karma.

IronNoggin
06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
... I've had two rosie draws...

LOL! Don't you get it yet? You Are DONE like Dinner now! :twisted:
In fact, the only point in applying is to fruitlessly toss more coin at the gov...

Good Luck in the GOS!

Although I've never drawn a Rosie, I'm right there with ya this season... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

Drillbit
06-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Dang....2 Rosie draws.....I can't even get 1 of 2500 for 721a, been applying as long as I can remember.....

markomoose
06-27-2016, 06:54 PM
LOL! Don't you get it yet? You Are DONE like Dinner now! :twisted:
In fact, the only point in applying is to fruitlessly toss more coin at the gov...

Good Luck in the GOS!

Although I've never drawn a Rosie, I'm right there with ya this season... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
NogGot a good friend who also lives in Port Alberni.Never had a Rosie Draw and He's been putting in forever.You'll get one one day Nog?

tuffcityhunter
06-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Hopefully this new system takes some of the weird habits out of the old one. Uncle 2 years in a row for rosies, took a year off then once again. After that he stopped putting in cause he felt to bad.
UN REAL!!!!!

scotty30-06
07-26-2016, 03:09 PM
What would one look for to do a mountain goat hunt in region 2 ...wouldnt even know where to begin....that they were only leh