PDA

View Full Version : Muncho Lake outpost cabins

white moose
06-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Was wondering if anyone on here has done one of these trips. Looks interesting and maybe a good place to bring my father that is getting up there in age. 3 different lakes to choose from. Any info would be appreciated:smile:

riflebuilder
06-23-2016, 06:03 AM
The fishing was great the last time I was in there. Some nice goats saw a few moose but the sheep are way back off the lakes and you have to cover a lot of ground to find the Rams. It is a very nice place your Dad would love it there

Backwoods
06-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Never been up there, planning my first trip to muncho next weekend for a hiking/backpack trip!!

white moose
06-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks riflebuilder. What lake did you end up going to? Not really interested in sheep. Moose is what we would be after.

Buck
06-23-2016, 03:17 PM
One little lake by Johiah lake he flys into has some very good Rainbow fishing i believe.Saw it when he dropped me off at Johiah.Might me Rainbow lake

boxhitch
06-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Frog Lake intrigued me for a while , til I saw the $1500 / person and $250 for each night
Better have hot and cold running maids for that price
probably cheaper to have someone from Dease or Tsayta fly in and use the cabin ;)

Sitkaspruce
06-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Used to fly in to Netson and camp where Urs built his cabin. Good laker and grayling fishing in the lake, especially off the creek by the cabin and down off the far end of the lake.

Cheers

SS

BCHunterTV
06-23-2016, 08:11 PM
ive been there a few times...amazing place. Just cost to much with the required cabin rental.

Used to fly in to Netson and camp where Urs built his cabin. Good laker and grayling fishing in the lake, especially off the creek by the cabin and down off the far end of the lake.

Cheers

SS

argyle1
06-26-2016, 01:20 PM
the cabin rent would pay for a wall tent and you could go to any lake you want then...just a thought. I finally bought a 12 x 14 this spring with a frame and stove. I love it. Takes me 15 minutes by myself to set it up, and about 30 minutes to take it down and stow it