PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Draws Deadline

IronNoggin
06-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Must have your draws submitted prior to midnight June 23rd - This Thursday!!

As in Tomorrow that is...

Just a Head's Up for anyone interested... http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/wink.gif

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
06-23-2016, 12:31 AM
https://www.albertarelm.com/licensing.page

:arrow:

Springer
06-28-2016, 02:15 AM
Draws are in Matt and fingers crossed..our group is hoping for 2 Antelope and a couple Bull Moose tags.

fuzzybiscuit
06-28-2016, 05:06 AM
Good luck guys!

The only thing I want is a Suffield Bull Elk draw. I hear it's a road hunters wet dream...

IronNoggin
06-28-2016, 03:27 PM
The only thing I want is a Suffield Bull Elk draw. I hear it's a road hunters wet dream...

Nightmare is a lot more like it!! :roll:

From the website: Sign in to view your draw results, excluding Antelope and goat starting Tuesday July 12 at 9:00am. Antelope and goat results will be available August 10 at 9:00am.

Good Luck Springer! Hope to collect a tag or two myself!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

nicktrehearne
06-28-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm a 14 on antelope and 4 on mule deer. Maybe next year I'll make time to head over there :)

x2 on the Suffield hunt. 5 years ago, it was an amazing hunt. This past year - IronNoggin nailed it, a nightmare!

sheephunterab
06-28-2016, 04:18 PM
It's a joke that our draws come out so late...especially goat and antelope. These deadlines date back to the days when they did it all by hand.

srupp
07-01-2016, 03:41 PM
hmmm unfortunately..3 grizzly tags ,3 moose tags,1 elk tag means 999 for Alberta this year...next year..moose,mulies whities...

good luck to all who enter...and avoid SUFFIELD elk like the plaque...

cheers

btridge
07-08-2016, 01:43 PM
208 mule buck tag, 6 years priority, Drawn!

fuzzybiscuit
07-08-2016, 05:57 PM
118 Antlerless Whitetail
118 Antlerless Muley
118 Antlered Muley
530 early season Bull Moose

Could be a good year.

sheephunterab
07-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Nuttin' for me.

Blacktail
07-09-2016, 08:30 AM
118 mulie buck and doe
119 whitie doe

For shits and giggles I put the wife in for Suffield cow/calf draw and she got it

A friend got a moose draw up around Oyen and wants me to tag along

My weekends in November are booked up

GoatGuy
07-09-2016, 09:42 AM
It's a joke that our draws come out so late...especially goat and antelope. These deadlines date back to the days when they did it all by hand.
Thought antelope was late because they did inventory work on this year's fawns?

Wild Images
07-09-2016, 10:25 AM
202 mulie

999 everything else

IronNoggin
07-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Rifle Mule Deer (going in early with the bow anyway)
Fly in Moose

Two more Prime Examples of just how the Priority System WORKS ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

Blacktail
07-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Rifle Mule Deer (going in early with the bow anyway)
Fly in Moose

Two more Prime Examples of just how the Priority System WORKS ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

what zone Nog

sheephunterab
07-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Thought antelope was late because they did inventory work on this year's fawns?

Yup, that's what they say.

Rackmastr
07-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Was hoping Kim would draw a prairie mulie tag this year but didn't quite have enough points with the person she applied with. Next year for sure!

Dad drew cow moose and deer in the muzzleloader season at Wainwright. Should be fun

fuzzybiscuit
07-11-2016, 10:01 AM
118 mulie buck and doe
119 whitie doe

For shits and giggles I put the wife in for Suffield cow/calf draw and she got it

A friend got a moose draw up around Oyen and wants me to tag along

My weekends in November are booked up

Do you know 118 well Blacktail?

I've never hunted it before myself, but a buddy of mine has for many years. He missed getting an altered Muley draw this year but he did get a Muley and Whitetail antlerless draw.

Should be be a good time. If nothing else it will be a new area to explore.

Blacktail
07-11-2016, 10:47 AM

I've never hunted it before myself, but a buddy of mine has for many years. He missed getting an altered Muley draw this year but he did get a Muley and Whitetail antlerless draw.

Hunt a certain part of 118 pretty exclusively

IronNoggin
07-11-2016, 11:06 AM
what zone Nog

530 Moose, 150 Mulie

Rackmastr
07-11-2016, 01:14 PM

I've hunted 118 several times and used to live south of there and travel through it every few days. If you need some info or pointers shoot me a PM and glad to help.

Can kill some good bucks in there but it's really cool country to explore for sure.

fuzzybiscuit
07-11-2016, 03:45 PM
530 Moose, 150 Mulie

I've got an early season 530 bull tag too. I know the area real well Nog, so if you need any information just ask. If you have access to an Argo I know a spot that is pretty much a give me.

I'll be hunting out of my boat pretty much the whole time. My neighbor has a 518 draw so we have both sides of the Athabasca covered.

fuzzybiscuit
07-11-2016, 04:13 PM
I've hunted 118 several times and used to live south of there and travel through it every few days. If you need some info or pointers shoot me a PM and glad to help.

Can kill some good bucks in there but it's really cool country to explore for sure.

Thanks for the offer. PM sent.

IronNoggin
07-12-2016, 06:54 PM
I've got an early season 530 bull tag too. I know the area real well Nog, so if you need any information just ask. If you have access to an Argo I know a spot that is pretty much a give me.

And that Right There is what this site is ALL about!! Hunters actually Helping other Hunters! http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif

I sincerely appreciate the offer Fuzzy One! However my Partner in this instance is one of the local Trappers (Huge area) and we'll be flying in to his cabin (has 3 quads already on site, all the amenities including a shower!) that managed to be missed by this summer's inferno. He puts in a LOT of time out there, and sweet-talked me into this run. Suspect we might see the odd one... :wink:

I'll be hunting out of my boat pretty much the whole time. My neighbor has a 518 draw so we have both sides of the Athabasca covered.

Man! Sounds like you have it WELL covered! Best of Luck & I am looking right forward to hearing the tales (and seeing the pictures of course!).

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

Springer
07-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Congrats on your tags Matt. I am sure you will kill a Hawg in that Primo zone for your Muley.
Roy you have a Great Muley tag as well...We should see another Cranker fall to the Blacktail blade.
I drew my Bull Moose in 220 around home , My son drew his in 234 where we have a couple tied up. We plan on heading there with our Bows right after the Antelope Hunt if my other 2 Boys draws are successful in the 150's. Then its back home to chase my Bull....Great habitat out there this year with Bumper crops should produce some Good looking animals.

ishootbambi
08-01-2016, 06:00 AM
And that Right There is what this site is ALL about!! Hunters actually Helping other Hunters! http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif

I sincerely appreciate the offer Fuzzy One! However my Partner in this instance is one of the local Trappers (Huge area) and we'll be flying in to his cabin (has 3 quads already on site, all the amenities including a shower!) that managed to be missed by this summer's inferno. He puts in a LOT of time out there, and sweet-talked me into this run. Suspect we might see the odd one... :wink:

Nog

In the spirit of hunters helping each other out...what you are planning is not legally allowed. Trapper cabins are to be used for trapping duties only. There is a fair bit of abuse of it as guys claim to be cutting firewood or fixing bridges...but it is clearly written that they NOT be used as hunting camps. If you ask your bud about it I'm sure he already knows this...it IS common knowledge over here...and he will likely cringe hard that you told the world about your plans.

On the bright side, the rules are seldom enforced and if it's as remote as you say, you likely won't even see the fish cops there anyway. Just thought you should know what you're getting into just in case a problem arises. Good luck up there. There are some hogs in the remote wilderness in that part of the world.

IronNoggin
08-01-2016, 12:04 PM
In the spirit of hunters helping each other out...what you are planning is not legally allowed. Trapper cabins are to be used for trapping duties only.

Full Disclosure: He is also an Outfitter with a black bear concession in that area.
Cabin has been attached to that operation for many many years.
I foresee no issues... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Walking Buffalo
08-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Full Disclosure: He is also an Outfitter with a black bear concession in that area.

Cheers,
Nog

Might as well continue off the rails until the Pronghorn draws come out.

Nog, as you may be aware, illegal use of trapline cabins is finally on the radar with F&W Ab. Enforcement of the law will be happening.

For full disclosure, what is the outfitter's business name?

How can he legally use a trapline cabin for outfitting?

There are ways. Just curious how your friend is doing it....

IronNoggin
08-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Might as well continue off the rails until the Pronghorn draws come out.

LOL! :lol:

How can he legally use a trapline cabin for outfitting?

Might well be due to the fact he was operating a hunting camp out of it for several years prior to purchasing the adjacent trapline.
Cabin is now listed for both purposes.

I'll have to run it by him to see if he wants him name broadcast here.
Likely won't mind at all, but out of respect, I do have to ask before doing so...
Not too hard to figure out if you know me btw... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

ishootbambi
08-02-2016, 09:36 PM

Cheers,
Nog

Hope you don't think I'm trying to be a jerk here. I'd just hate to see you get your wiener caught in a meat grinder because you didn't know a detail. Sounds like you're covered then.

And I'm not kidding about the moose up there. There are some jumbos around. Good luck, hope you spank a honker.