PDA

View Full Version : May be in need of a Partner

Corb89
06-20-2016, 06:20 AM
Hello. new to the site.
I guess im here to search out a prospective hunting partner,
Pending a possible grizz draw, I fully intend to chase some stone sheep around up in 7 this fall.
Ive had some Terrible luck with partners the last few years, ruined my trips actually.
this will be kind of a last effort before going solo. any advice on any of these topics is welcome.

monasheemountainman
06-20-2016, 06:51 AM
Are you having bad luck because you're finding them on the internet? Lots of solid guys and girls on here that I'm sure can help you out

Corb89
06-20-2016, 06:55 AM
i think im having bad luck because i dont road hunt, or drink beer all day, or smoke pot all day, tough to find someone as boring as me

06-20-2016, 07:26 AM
i think im having bad luck because i dont road hunt, or drink beer all day, or smoke pot all day, tough to find someone as boring as me

Oh ya, that will certainly do it according to some on board! ;) Welcome to HBC, as mentioned, there are lots of people on this site that see hunting the same way you do.........

BgBlkDg
06-20-2016, 07:37 AM
It CAN be extremely difficult to find a GOOD hunting partner as different folks enjoy differing styles of hunting. Some, enjoy kicking back in camp with a drink and campfire as a break from work and others love the "hardcore" humping the ridges, pack, rifle and sweat......

Both are legitimate forms of enjoyable recreation, as long as folks do NOT leave messy camps or litter the ridges, seen far too much of both in my decades in the bush, let each do as they please.

I wish I were 30 again and could go with some here, but, while one trip may happen with others, I now prefer to hunt solo, I have the gear and the skills and do not want to change my ways to adapt to others, OR, be a drag on younger, fitter partners.

Good luck with finding someone, there are some knowledgeable people here.

monasheemountainman
06-20-2016, 08:02 AM

haha yes!!! You are on the right track man, the shitty thing is gambling on someone on a sheep hunt! I'd suggest going hunting with them a few times before hand, that way you don't end up killing him/her up on a mountain.

Backwoods
06-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Welcome to HBC!!! Your definitely asking the right crowd! Everyone has their own ways of hunting, seen many guys year after year have good succes road hunting. I personally hunt solo, As far from the road I can, have the best hunts alone!! Finding a good backpack hunting partner could be hard as finding a good wife!!�� Their out there but it's a commitment, not only to be in physical shape but also mental too!!! You don't want to be on 10 day hunt and have this stranger ruin your hunt because they can't hack it! Best of luck!

northernbc
06-20-2016, 08:19 AM
where abouts are you from corb89,do you ever get up this way. (fsj)

Andrewh
06-20-2016, 08:30 AM
I had a similar experience on a hike in sheep trip when posting an 'HBC hunting personal ad' a few years back.

The trip could have been ruined due to different fitness levels etc but I didn't let that stop me, I ended up getting a nice 10yr old ram by myself and packing it back to camp where he was hanging out.

I then rolled the dice again the following year for another partner and found Aaron, we had a KILLER double header last year then literally 5 days after we got back from the stone trip we were off for a week and a bit to fill my LEH goat tag - another epic trip.

This can be a GREAT place to meet like minded hunters, pretty sure I found a mountain hunting partner for life.

I am sure this stone trip this summer is going to be another epic one with Aaron.

Corb89
06-20-2016, 04:43 PM
where abouts are you from corb89,do you ever get up this way. (fsj)
live in the Cariboo now, was raised in the peace

spaghetti
06-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Finding a hunting partner is second only to finding the right woman! I have hunted for moose for since I was 15. My dad taught me how to scout and call them in. I now hunt with a guy that shares the same method of hunting, but I went through about half a dozen duds who road hunt all day--boring or what. Don't give up you will find a good hunting buddy out there somewhere.

floden
06-20-2016, 08:07 PM
I think about this question a lot. My dad is my hunting partner and I'm going to hunt with him until .....
then I think I'm pretty much going to have to go solo. I hunt the way I hunt. I fret about regs and zones cause I don't want to screw up. I'd rather not take the shot if I can't count the tines. I've seen it the other way around. Wtf.

I get up early and I go till dark. I have a bit of wine at nite , don't do pot or drugs and pretty much live what I think to be a clean life. I dunno. It's a deep question

elch jager
06-20-2016, 11:53 PM
haha yes!!! You are on the right track man.... that way you don't end up killing him/her up on a mountain.

Although that would be the perfect place to do it....