PDA

View Full Version : Bow for Girlfriend?

mudbud
06-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Anyone suggest a good compound for my girlfriend? I would like something she can mostly target shoot with, but would also be suitable if she was inclined to take a poke at a deer or bear. She can draw my 60lb and shoot it, but it really is too much weight, and the draw length is WAY too much. Also any suggestions on a good spot to buy a bow (set-up as a kit would be ideal) I am not much of a bow tuner, in fact I just wiped all the dust of mine and started shooting again, think I am going to have to get back into it again!

Dirty
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Maybe try a youth bow or look for a bow specifically designed for women. I know Browning makes some decent youth bows. In addition, I think that Bowtech makes a bow for women. Check out some of the websites for the major manufacturers and see what they offer.

Bow Walker
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Where do you live?

overthetop
06-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I have one send me some pics of....Oops...I thought you wanted to trade your girfriend for a bow.

Bigbear
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
The Diamond Edge Bow is great for women . It has an Ajustable Drl out to 28",
and Drw's to 50 LB. They come in a Package, site, Quiver, Rest, wrist sling . Retail $369.00 with Taxes, $416.00

swamper
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Bowtec makes and awesome ladies bow. Your best bet would be to get one that peaks at 50 # for her.
If I were you I would contact Willyqbc here on HBC. He always seems to be able to come up with good deals on used bows that are set up all ready to shoot.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
you would hard pressed to find a better bow designed for women than a Hoyt Selena .... That being said ...my wife really likes the Trykon jr

CHilko21
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm shooting a Martin Jaguar, it's always been a nice bow for what I've used it for...other than that, I've shot a lot of recurves

Bow Walker
06-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I've got a PSE Nova - it's 5 years old. It's got a blue riser, chrome color wheels, and black limbs. It has been resting inside her bow case for the last 4.5 years.

She shot about five times with it (one summer) and the never picked it up again. Comes with arrows, rest, D-loop, and release. Also a stabilizer and case.

Oh yeah, it starts at 25 lbs and can go up to about 45 lbs. PSE's are famous for their adjustability.

PM if interested.

StoneChaser
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I thought from the title of the post it was a trade offer and you were looking to aquire a bow (see it in the buy + sell all the time "Truck for boat"):mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
06-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Got any pics of you G/F? I've got a bow.:-D

SSS

sammy99
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Up until a year ago, I would have recommended the Hoyt ladies bow for your girlfriend...I shoot 3 hoyts and believe they are the best bow out there. Then we purchased my son the Diamond Edge by Bowtech. He gets better arrow flight, speed and accuracy out of that bow than he did out of his Hoyt Rintec. My hubby (willyqbc) has recommended and set up many Diamond Edges for local ladies and youth and all are shooting them with real success. As was posted earlier, they come in a full package and are very reasonably priced. Good luck with your search!!

Sam

Tanya
06-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I am a small woman, 5'3" and 26" draw, I started with a PSE Nova, and would really recommend them. As someone else suggested they have a great range in draw weight. Start her out fairly light until here technique is mastered, then she can move up in weight. I started at 40 and now with my newer Hoyt Vipertec shoot 50. With the old bow I took many species of animal, you don't need to shoot a heavy bow, it's shot placement and a good cutting broadhead that do the trick as long as the distance is reasonable.