PDA

View Full Version : 3-31 for sheep

Steelpulse
06-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Hoping for a leh tag. Any word on the area? Seems good right on edge of Fraser river nice lowlands some forest too.

Has anyone been successful here?

bc_buckshot
06-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Could be wrong isn't 3-31 gos full curl Rams. Why hope for leh

Steelpulse
06-13-2016, 08:51 PM
3/4 curl leh and yes full curl open season. Go packing a tag and at least have a better chance at getting an animal

bc_buckshot
06-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Sounds sweet hope you get it as much as I get mine. But in your backyard instead

Red_Mist
06-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Could be wrong isn't 3-31 gos full curl Rams. Why hope for leh

I think it's tough to connect on a full curl ram because they broom their horns

bc_buckshot
06-14-2016, 06:59 AM

I would say more like luck then tough. Lot of time one side will be a little broom them the other. But you could have a point. There was some mature Rams seen at the counts but them being there in the season is diffrent.

mark
06-14-2016, 02:09 PM

Its near impossible to find a full curl because they get shot as 3/4 curl by leh guys and outfitter.

walks with deer
06-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Steelpulse seems your hungry for sheep..

How will you pull atlin and 331 at the same time

Paulyman
06-17-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm sure Bruce that's running a GOABC outfit up there would be happy to give a few pointers.

Steelpulse
06-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Planning for a leh 3-31 this fall hopefully and in the years after maybe Atlin, yes recent interest on sheep, basically appling to regular leh, special tag and early spring, I want haha

Steelpulse seems your hungry for sheep..

How will you pull atlin and 331 at the same time

bighornbob
06-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Best advice I could give for that whole area, 3-31, 3-32 and the northern part of 3-17. Keep applying for LEH draws but hunt it every year. The area has a full curl season from Sept 10 to Oct 20. Yes it tough to find a full curl but not impossible. I hear of a few being killed every year and I shot one a few years ago. Its not like the Kamloops lake draw where there is no sheep hunting season in there.

Hunting it every year will give you knowledge of the area and you will learn the better glassing areas and know where the rams like to hang out. Every time I go out there I learn something new about the area and another spot to check out or glass from. So once you get that draw it will almost be a slam dunk getting a good ram out of there as you will know what makes a good ram and where to find them.

Every year I see the guys posting on here that have applied for years then get drawn and only have two weeks to hunt the area. They make a few scouting trips in the summer and quickly realize that the 50:1 LEH tag that they have been applying for, for twenty years, is far from the guaranteed kill they thought it would be because of the 50:1 odds. Its still sheep hunting and hunt you must do.

So for everyone out there, hunt the area and when you are drawn the hunt will be so more rewarding.

BHB

Red_Mist
06-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Sounds like good advice

Andrewh
06-17-2016, 10:36 AM
I know of 2 shot last year in region 3, both were shot on a 3/4 curl LEH in full curl GOS area.

They both ended up being full curl...