PDA

View Full Version : Bears in PG

Kevin21
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok so NoahDawg (my brother) and I went out for a bear this past weekend for those familiar with PG we went down Cheif Lk Rd we hunt first thing in the am 6am and early to late evening 6ish till around 9 and we went out thursday night friday and sat am and we were skunked granted Im pretty new to town and we did the raod hunting but man we went into the clear cuts and saw lots of scat but no bears????I have also gone out with a buddy of mine on his property out on the Blackwater and all we have seen is Sow and cubs?? any suggestions? are we in the wrong place? But we did get teased with 2 perfect broad side "shots" at about 150 yards of muliey deer Damn it. Are we the only ones who have been skunked?:???:

todbartell
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
try getting out of the truck and walking deactivated side roads that go into areas that were logged 2-4 years ago. Late evening is the best time IMO but all times of day can produce bear sightings

Kevin21
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
try getting out of the truck and walking deactivated side roads that go into areas that were logged 2-4 years ago. Late evening is the best time IMO but all times of day can produce bear sightings

Thanks but we did do that as well parked and hiked in a bunch of different spots at least 15 -20 mins in.:???: could this area be over hunted??

Schmaus
06-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Those aren't my top choices for hunting but I don't think that anywhere around here gets hit too hard in the spring time. I think you guys were just wrong place at the wrong times, there seems to be bears everywhere when you don't have a rifle. Thats why its called hunting and not killing.

Mr. Dean
06-12-2007, 09:03 PM
If you're finding scat, bears are in the hood. I find that hunting is a game that requires patience and persistance.

You have 3 days left. :mrgreen:

bruin
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Remember it's late in the season and the bears don';t have to hit roadsides and slashes to find food. Your chances aren't as good but if you keep at it eventually you will get lucky, I don't know much about PG but I am guessing you guys don't have alot of alpine around there.