PDA

View Full Version : Road access to bear lake 6-18 and north

woodland20
06-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any logging road access from Takla lake north through Bukley house up to bear lake in 6-18 and north up to some clear cuts north of bear lake. We thinking of going up there for moose and caribou hunting. Any info I would really appreciate.

moosinaround
06-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Rail grade, or fly in, no logging rds in.

Sitkaspruce
06-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Long quad ride on the rail grade is the only way in by vehicle, or you can fly in to Minaret by fix wing and hunt with the GO up there. He hunts the area by quad and sxs.

Not a lot of caribou in the area, very hit or miss. Moose can be good along the Sustat R, lots of Grizz and blackies.

Cheers

SS

Cordillera
06-10-2016, 09:05 PM
what they said.... good road to Bulkley house and then up the driftwood but it does not connect through to Bear Lake. You have to go up the roads further east and then into the old logging around Minaret. No one has logged there for more than five years. Apparently some brave souls put quads on the old rails to get into bear lake.

rec
06-16-2016, 12:48 PM
PM sent....

rec
06-16-2016, 12:52 PM
what they said.... good road to Bulkley house and then up the driftwood but it does not connect through to Bear Lake. You have to go up the roads further east and then into the old logging around Minaret. No one has logged there for more than five years. Apparently some brave souls put quads on the old rails to get into bear lake.
More like 10 yrs trees in the cuts are 20 ft high and thicker then my schnauzers hair