PDA

View Full Version : Proud big bro... Little sister first bear

bc_buckshot
06-10-2016, 07:10 AM
After watching the bears Monday letting them pass I remember I did promise my little 14 year old sister I would take her out and give a try at her first animal. Prior getting there I did tell her don't be suprised they are already out feeding. It's overcast and they like to feed early. So we get there and up the hill there was a bear out feeding up on top. I slowy get to my glassing spot and it already walked I the bush.

I told old her not to worry it's only 5pm still lots of time. It's cloudy and bears like to go back and worry eating and resting. He will come back out later. Well she said " it was still nice just to see my first bear". I kinda laughed to myself. " Don't worry, your gonna see it alright". Two hours later and I spot a faint black hair and back over the little knoll in the grass. Let go and see that bear.

We slowly walked up on the edge and showing her out to check the wind. Told her bears have 10x better nose then a bloodhound. Play the wind and you win! We got up to 70 yards of the bear sitting on our honchis in the grass and watched the bear walk, lay down and feed. Quietly whispering it and it's doing, we have all the time in the world, first calm down and just watch. We watched for 25 mins and I kept asking her well do you want it or pass. She kept saying yeah then I set her up for her first date. On the shooting sticks I got her to collect herself and let her take the shot. With my 7mm she dropped it lights out not a inch moved. Well sis you got your bear now time for work.

At at the end of the day it's always nice to be the shooter, but kinda more proud just watching.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/bc_buckshot/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8tgeyswh.jpeg (http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/bc_buckshot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8tgeyswh.jpeg.html)

prconnection
06-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Awesome story.......good to see young ladies being involved in the hunt. Lady hunters are much more prevalent in the US then Canada so this is great to see!

Knute
06-10-2016, 07:19 AM
A great family outing. Congrats on the first of many game animals for that young lady.

Fella
06-10-2016, 07:20 AM
Awesome! I always feel more excited when someone I know takes the shot. Good on ya for taking your sister out!

RiverOtter
06-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Good on her tipping over a nice bear.

wideopenthrottle
06-10-2016, 08:44 AM
way to go...sounds like you are the best big bro a girl could ask for

albravo2
06-10-2016, 09:09 AM
I think the smile on her face says it all. Great photo and story. Thanks for posting.

bc_buckshot
06-10-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks boys..... I wonder what the topic of conversation is like today at high school lunch

Saskhunter
06-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Good on you for taking time to share and teach this great sport. Congrats to the both of you on a successful hunt.

tigrr
06-10-2016, 10:58 AM
What is next big bro? Did she apply for an LEH for moose??
Nice story.

nature girl
06-11-2016, 08:13 AM
That was so nice of you to take your little sis out and helping her get her first bear. What a great big brother you are. That is so neat now you two can go on future hunts together. And at family gathering you two will have things to talk about.
A girl at 14 needs to be able to talk to her older brother and you be available for her at that age because about now she is probably boy crazy. Tell her boys are always there but hunting is better.

HarryToolips
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Excellent job helpin your sister, congrats!!

bc_buckshot
06-11-2016, 10:26 AM
That was so nice of you to take your little sis out and helping her get her first bear. What a great big brother you are. That is so neat now you two can go on future hunts together. And at family gathering you two will have things to talk about.
A girl at 14 needs to be able to talk to her older brother and you be available for her at that age because about now she is probably boy crazy. Tell her boys are always there but hunting is better.

Already warned her the topic of boys don't come up unless it's has antlers, horns, or wears a thick coat. Unless she wants me to hunt this boy she brings up