PDA

View Full Version : 2016 moodie lake trip

mountainman2
06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,
I'm start to plan for my trip into moodie lakes this fall, Anyone been in there before? Looking for access points or established trails. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

plumbcrazy
06-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Just follow everyone else around. Someone liable to be going the right direction!

300rum700
06-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Put up base camp next to the guides corral, they like that.

Ask wrangler which direction to head as you walk Darwin's camp, be nice and courteous even though he might not be.

Walk back through the same way you came in with rams on your back.

358mag
06-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Put up base camp next to the guides corral, they like that.

Ask wrangler which direction to head as you walk Darwin's camp, be nice and courteous even though he might not be.

Walk back through the same way you came in with rams on your back.
Its that easy ??

wos
06-10-2016, 06:54 PM
There is/was a good trail from The last lake to inspector peak cross your fingers and hope for good weather. It's not the easiest hike but by no means the hardest hike into sheep country. Good luck and have fun.

Bigbruin
06-10-2016, 10:34 PM
I was there a couple years ago and would like to go back.

coldbuc69
06-12-2016, 09:02 PM
I flew in there a couple of years ago with Urs. Had to jump out of the plane into the mud and water, he is not allowed to use the Dock. we camped away from the outfitter but not far enough I guess, we were not very welcomed. We walked for a couple of days with no luck, the weather moved in and made things Worse. overall I did not Like moody lake for Sheep.

tarzan
06-14-2016, 09:28 AM
went in last year, PM me for info

REMINGTON JIM
06-14-2016, 09:40 AM
My Buddy is a GUIDE for Scoop Lake and thats his area . I will ask him for you . :smile: RJ

mark
06-14-2016, 02:06 PM
There is/was a good trail from The last lake to inspector peak cross your fingers and hope for good weather. It's not the easiest hike but by no means the hardest hike into sheep country. Good luck and have fun.

Ive done that hike, good trail my ass!!! By far the worst and hardest hike ive done in 4 sheep hunts!
Be preparred to hike at least 2 days from moody to find a ram!

wos
06-14-2016, 06:20 PM
[QUOTEIve done that hike, good trail my ass!!! By far the worst and hardest hike ive done in 4 sheep hunts!*
Be preparred to hike at least 2 days from moody to find a ram!

Please pm me with good info on easy sheep hunts if you don't mind. My dad/ hunting partner is getting old and it's getting harder to get him into good sheep country.