PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes chasing a buck

Rob
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Seen something kinda interesting this morning going to work, around 04:45 I saw 2 coyotes chasing a Mulie(?) buck, they were keeping a good pace with the deer, when the deer moved, they moved, 'yotes were only about 20' behind the buck the whole time i watched them(approx 10 secs). I didnt stop to watch what happened as i was on my way to work, but about 2kms later (as I was asking myself why I dont always carry a .22) I seen a Whitetail doe chasing a coyote, her tail was the typical windshield wiper routine, back & forth, back & forth, and their was a couple times where she ran over top of the coyote, this time I stopped and watched for a min. or two and wondered if maybe it was a big house cat that pissed off the wrong doe, but the grass was too deep for it to be a normal cat, so I continued my journey, and about 10kms S of Logan Lake I saw 2 bald eagles "playing" with a coyote, the birds were about 20' off the ground going crazy with this coyote, didnt watch this one for too long. Anyway everyday when I go to work I usually see does(maybe the odd buck) but this is the 1st time I seen anything like this! Rob

7mmag
06-12-2007, 02:34 AM
A bad mourning to be be a coyote eh!!

one-shot-wonder
06-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Seeing that many coyotes in one more makes a guy think he should be packing an iron on his daily commute. I do all the time.......:cool:

Most of the yotes I see are all on private land though. :(

Chuck
06-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Observing nature at work, be it in the bush, on the water or in the air has always been fascinating to me also.