PDA

View Full Version : South of rupert

two-feet
06-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Anybody want to share some intel on good fishing spots down there? I have always headed north or west out of rupert, this year we are headed south to the hot springs outside of kitimat and will be doing some fishing on the way.

Im not looking for anybodys general areas, just honey holes. Thanks!

can trade info as well

kilometers
06-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Fishing in kitimat channel is lame. We usually leave the rods at home. If you head out passed bishop bay you can get into some decent fishing. We've got halibut where the channel splits to kemano or bishop bay, there is a hump their you can jig at. If going to bishop bay you can try jigging at the sandy beach at the front of the turn off to bishop bay. I wanna say my uncle use to fish in sue channel?
rupert is where the good fishing is easily found. Kitimat you need to travel far out to open water.
With that said bring crab traps. Crabs are in almost every bay in the kitimat channel and plentyful Look for a Calm bay with a fresh water stream entering. Drop traps in about 30 to 50 feet of water. Check every hour if your just chilling around. Prawns can be plentiful to drop traps in 300 feet of water in a calm bay and you might get lucky.

I recomend going to Europa hot springs ( Clearwater ) tub is deep ,hot and not popular, crab and prawns in the bay too

kilometers
06-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Was just thinking I seem to remember your boat isn't trailerable? If so and your coming from Rupert the open waters in front and around the channel will treat you well.

two-feet
06-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Fishing in kitimat channel is lame. We usually leave the rods at home. If you head out passed bishop bay you can get into some decent fishing. We've got halibut where the channel splits to kemano or bishop bay, there is a hump their you can jig at. If going to bishop bay you can try jigging at the sandy beach at the front of the turn off to bishop bay. I wanna say my uncle use to fish in sue channel?
rupert is where the good fishing is easily found. Kitimat you need to travel far out to open water.
With that said bring crab traps. Crabs are in almost every bay in the kitimat channel and plentyful Look for a Calm bay with a fresh water stream entering. Drop traps in about 30 to 50 feet of water. Check every hour if your just chilling around. Prawns can be plentiful to drop traps in 300 feet of water in a calm bay and you might get lucky.

I recomend going to Europa hot springs ( Clearwater ) tub is deep ,hot and not popular, crab and prawns in the bay too

hey thanks, good info. Yes it will be in an ocean worthy boat, fishing the outside is always the best bet. Cant wait for the hot springs, word on the street is they are world class. Will certainly fish some, looking for 1 feed of crabs, and prawning hard.

The boat goes about 8.5mph so we figure 8 hours each way from rupert. And we want to try all 3 hotsprings so we are taking 5 days

The capt just called last night to tell us about a hali they caught yesterday they figured 200+ and left it in the water. So kinda makes me want to ho fishing