PDA

View Full Version : Bear Rug Time?

kamloopshunter25
06-07-2016, 03:58 PM
How long does it normally take to get your bear rug back from the taxidermist? Took mine in last June to Danny at tru-life taxidermy and just curious on when I should be expecting the call

bc_buckshot
06-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Same time a machanic can fix your vehicle. All depends who you take it to and how busy they are. If you take takr your work to a guy like Marco Pilon might take a while but you know he is busy and does great work. If you take it to Mike Moss you might not get it back. The work to do a rug (flesh, lip eyes ears, mouth and nose) tan, stretch, fill in ears, put mold in ect could take couple months to half a year. I know my chocolate bear took 3 months to come back and I just got it tanned. Good luck and let us see the work

Rackmastr
06-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Anywhere from 6-24 months....it really depends on the person you are using.

russm86
06-08-2016, 08:57 AM
With Danny, expect somewhere in the 18 to 24 month timeline. He did my one and only bear rug a couple years ago now and I believe he was just under the 2 year mark. He also did a skull for me. Seemed to be good work (especially the skull) for the price, he is (or at least was) a fair bit cheaper than a lot of others out there so guess it is a bit of a trade off with time frame vs cost... I would call him though just be on top of things, I don't mean nagging constantly, just a quick friendly call sometime soon if you haven't already and just ask how far along he is and when he thinks he will be done and if you haven't heard from him by then call back again and see what he says again. Nice enough guy but can sometimes forget to call back or to let you know it's ready.