PDA

View Full Version : 6-18 Johanson Lake Hunting

woodland20
06-07-2016, 01:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted moose and caribou in area 6-18 around Johanson lake . Is there much for access roads or quad trails there a person can take. Any quad trails to the alpine areas.

decker9
06-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I flew out of there once sheep hunting, there's a native camp there where we left our truck. Nice people, They were hunting caribou on quads, but that's all I know. Nice country up there.

moosinaround
06-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Drove through there last fall, what a f##king gong show! We had LEH for further north, 6-18 was a consideration, till I seen the pressure! I wouldn't bother heading that way, especially for the moose rut. If I was interested in caribou and moose, I'd consider fly in to a lake. Quad access just f##ks everything up! moosin

swampthing
06-07-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't think quads are allowed in that area. There is only really one main road through and its a daily use mine road. A pollack dude from quesnel wrote the book "a hunting we did go" that highlights this area. He did horseback hunts out of there. Its nice country but I would suspect its more suitable for a staging area to get further back.

deezday
06-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Hunted there a few years ago, we were not successful although did see a couple moose. There was a group hunting a stretch of the main road south of the moose valley outfitters and got two moose. I'm pretty sure quads are allowed in 6-18 but definetely not in 7-38. There was a road that went across johansen creek and to alpine but the bridge was gone, be careful if it rains the creeks rises pretty quick.