PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my game cameras.

papaken
06-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Went up to pick up my game cameras that have been out since September. Way to long, all batteries dead. The Bushnell was all fogged up with condensation and even though the 32gb sd card is full it will not read on my computer. Says I need to format it so I may be out of luck. on that one. The moultrie worked but did not get a lot of pictures. 4 does, 1 little 2pt, some moose legs and a few shots of a squirrel. There were also 2 different sets of hunters that checked them out. So much for my secret spot :o. By the way, nice to see that people do the right thing and not mess with them, thanks. We cruised around but weather was way to hot and the bears were moving as we saw lots of sign but they must have been only out at night.

HarryToolips
06-05-2016, 09:53 AM
From my experience most hunters don't f#@k with my T-cams, which is a good thing..are you sure the lock button isn't engaged on your sd card??

CaribooBC
06-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I have an old Primos that lets water get into the SD card area if the rain hits it right. When the card gets wet, I have to format it as well. Try letting it sit in some dry rice kernels to suck any remaining moisture out of it first.

Cyrus
06-05-2016, 04:28 PM
card likely got wet...imo i would trash it.

sled-fiend
06-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Fwiw I had a few spypoint cameras out last year, harvested the SD cards out of them expecting some good action. Same thing, SD cards had pictures but I couldn't open on my computer. Had to reformat all the cards, they all work now. Perhaps my own ignorance but I didn't know some trail cameras require the cards to be formatted prior to use, lesson learned!

It was a pretty funny lesson actually. When I went to check a few of the cams (roughly 1 hour drive, about 30km atv ride and 15 min hike) just as I was entering the tree line I saw a large cougar slowly slink away, right passed my camera. Seeing as I was solo and had nothing other than a knife I backed off. Stopped, debated for about 10 minutes whether to go in and swap the card from the camera or not. Ended up deciding to go in and grab it. Was stoked the entire way home to see the pictures off the camera of that cat. That's when I learned my SD formatting lesson. Wasn't impressed I was about to fight for my life for that non formatted card haha. I did end up getting some pictures of that cat at a later date, wasn't as big as I thought:)