PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile house black bears

toad
06-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Heading back up there tomorrow after school, dad will leave my gun out for me because he'll be at work...so i want to go for a drive to find some meat...don't care about color or size just want some meat. Been up theRe the last to weekends have seen a couple but they are gone quickly...Kinda surprised how few of sign I've seen...I've been up the Rd that goes past the mill in town,seen 1 poop pile up there and then we went out past sulphurus to clearwater. Sign a tiny one and one other but still not much sign. Also went down towards the big bar ferry and seen one....Any other areas I should consider...thx

604Stalker
06-03-2016, 08:35 AM
If you see a bear while driving or walking an it takes off into the bush stop and concider the wind. This tip may be obvious but on the long weekend monday got me back on yogi post haste. Wound up blowing my shot but atleast I had one thanks to this advise from hbc members he took off into the bush but circled right back around 60 yards behind me down wind and started eating again. Hope you have a successful weekend goodluck.

Big Hoss
06-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Saw 2 different bears on mahood before the deka lk turn off last weekend. Windy Mt used to be good for bears

toad
06-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Thx guys...

TimberPig
06-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Head further northeast to Boss Creek, Hendrix Lake Spanish Creek etc. You should find more bears out that way, then it's up to you to make the opportunities work out.

CaribooBC
06-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Head further northeast to Boss Creek, Hendrix Lake Spanish Creek etc. You should find more bears out that way, then it's up to you to make the opportunities work out.
This !!! But the bush is quite a bit thicker out there.
Just make sure its a Blackie before you pull the trigger.
If I wasn't working, I would join you.
Dave

toad
06-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Hey CaribouBC saw one up the boundary road tonight.

Rotorwash
06-06-2016, 08:18 PM
I've seen them all over. Saw a couple out by mahood lake and a couple around Helena lake. I even saw one by riske creek the other day. Treed him by accident and had a real good look at him.