PDA

View Full Version : Target practice area needed

ktantra
05-30-2016, 05:57 PM
So I got the shotgun, and outside of travelling to the ranges, does anyone know or have a spot to shoot somewhere on crown land?

*Mainland BC*

Wile E
05-30-2016, 05:59 PM
I know a fantastic spot, in Saskatchewan.

Might help to give an idea of where...

;)

ktantra
05-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Might help to give an idea of where...

Anywhere mainland, or valley.

I didn't specify location as the root thread of this is titled *Mainland BC*.
So I figure we all know where we're from and at.
But I'm new to the forum!

plumberjustin
05-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Lots of crown land to shoot at further east from the city, but nothing with much rifle distance. With ever growing area bylaw restrictions and idiots out shooting any garbage they can haul to the mountainside, I'm guessing you won't get much help on a specific spot. However, there are some good spots up around Chehalis/Harrison area if you're willing to drive and make an afternoon of it. Always need to be mindful of hikers and off-road users, and have a solid backstop. People come out of nowhere when you least expect it.

Gateholio
05-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Anywhere mainland, or valley.

I didn't specify location as the root thread of this is titled *Mainland BC*.
So I figure we all know where we're from and at.
But I'm new to the forum!

Mainland BC covers quite a bit of ground. Williams Lake? PG? Bella Coola?

Valley? Okanagon Valley? Sunshin Valley?

ktantra
05-30-2016, 06:27 PM
there are some good spots up around Chehalis/Harrison area if you're willing to drive and make an afternoon of it.

Yah I figured the further east you go the better things open up. Although if I fired off a few right here in Surrey no one would notice, 30 some killings this year most nights I just pretend its fireworks. But I digress, and will have to scout a bit it seems to find areas un-****ed by idiots, if there are any left.

ktantra
05-30-2016, 06:30 PM

Mainland is West Vancouver to Chilliwack, as per my understanding.
Never heard of anyone calling Kelowna as part of mainland, in example.

Wile E
05-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Sylvester Rd is the common spot, from 4km up the mountain to as far as you can go. I don't shoot there much except to go way up top for long distance. You'll find plenty of spots to shoot.
Sylvester is east of Mission.

There's lots of new cuts toward Chehallis Lake, 18km is a gooder.
West Harrison, find a cut. East side, same.

Lots of crews out there. Be safe.
Please pick up the empties.

Wile E
05-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Also, there's "mainland" and "island" forums, I didn't notice any other.

I'll assume you're in the lower mainland. ;)

ktantra
05-30-2016, 06:47 PM
Also, there's "mainland" and "island" forums, I didn't notice any other.

I'll assume you're in the lower mainland. ;)

Oh I see now, this forum is setup so that its the island vs rest of BC .. ok ok, I'm new here.
I was under the impression that mainland BC is lower mainland as typically assumed. my bad, I guess.
But maybe there should be a root thread for lower mainland only, just a thought.

Drillbit
05-30-2016, 07:10 PM

Most LM city people I know don't think past Hope.

Gateholio
05-30-2016, 07:18 PM

Toronto Syndrome :)

This thread isn't even in the correct forum. The Mainland BC forum is for HUNTING topics in British Columbia, not target practice threads. This thread should be in the Guns forum or the Rifle Range forum, as it doesn't have anything to do with HUNTING in BC.

OP probably should have just stated a specific area from the start. ;)

ktantra
05-30-2016, 07:25 PM
yah you're all probably right, I facked it up! Sorry, I'm new ..

And yes, us LM people should get out of this bubble to discover there is life outside of ours, at least wild animal life.

Fella
05-30-2016, 07:49 PM
Bud, take a look at google maps, find a decent sized cut block and drive there. Make sure you aren't shooting across a road or right into the forest, need a back stop! And it's common courtesy to pack out a bag of garbage or two, yes even if it is someone else's junk.

ktantra
05-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Bud, take a look at google maps, find a decent sized cut block and drive there.

True. But I'm just trying to save some time/money since scouting takes all that.
I will be sure to cleanup after myself, done. Other people too? fine.
PM me if you know a spot you can share, I'd appreciate it, I won't hog it.

AgSilver
05-30-2016, 10:47 PM
Let me know what you find. I might join you sometime. I need to practice some rifle shooting, too.

Iron Glove
05-31-2016, 07:55 AM
Freeway to Hope.
Head up Coquihalla to the Britton Creek rest stop.
Take the Britton / Lawless FSR towards Tulameen.
Find a clear cut.
Shoot.
A bit further than the "lower mainland" but way more area to shoot and way less people and no chance of running into "Terrorist" training schools. ;-)

barry1974w
05-31-2016, 08:44 AM

till hunting season, then they all seem to find their way up here ;)

Iron Glove
05-31-2016, 09:13 AM
till hunting season, then they all seem to find their way up here ;)

Yup, and then they are "Beyond Hope." :wink:

AgSilver
05-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Wait, aren't you guys glad we all live in the LML? Imagine if everyone dispersed and lived in your little communities.

ktantra
05-31-2016, 11:23 AM
yah all you guys in dinky towns, you get to keep em small and have your peace.
we gotta hussle it out down here, to keep the economy going .. for all!

ruger#1
05-31-2016, 11:33 AM
West and East Stave lake. Plus both sides of Harrison are being patrolled by the RCMP and Charlie Victor units. So make sure all you papers are in order. And have a safe place to shoot. West Stave, Burma road. Has changed. The area is smaller for hunting and shooting. Check the Fraser Valley Special Permit. Have fun out there and be safe.

MichelD
05-31-2016, 03:49 PM
West and East Stave lake. Plus both sides of Harrison are being patrolled by the RCMP and Charlie Victor units. So make sure all you papers are in order. And have a safe place to shoot. West Stave, Burma road. Has changed. The area is smaller for hunting and shooting. Check the Fraser Valley Special Permit. Have fun out there and be safe.

What's "Charlie victor units"?

CV?

Citizen Volunteer?

ruger#1
05-31-2016, 04:02 PM
What's "Charlie victor units"?

CV?

Citizen Volunteer?

Charlie Victor = Conservation.

MichelD
05-31-2016, 04:26 PM
Charlie Victor = Conservation.

Thanks.

For the OP, if you want to join the masses, go to Sylvester Road. Please go to Sylvester road. Then maybe the other logging roads will be quieter for the rest of bear season. Carry out your empties. And a bagful of others too. Maybe a blasted TV and propane tank too. And fridge if you've got room.

But bring all your paperwork. I was stopped up there once by a roadblock populated by the RCMP, Federal CO service, BC CO service and Provincial Park officers.

kevan
05-31-2016, 04:35 PM
Anytime in the immediate future might be touchy with the reports of a possible terrorist training camp in the Mission area.
Be careful of what you wear for headgear..

ruger#1
05-31-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks.

For the OP, if you want to join the masses, go to Sylvester Road. Please go to Sylvester road. Then maybe the other logging roads will be quieter for the rest of bear season. Carry out your empties. And a bagful of others too. Maybe a blasted TV and propane tank too. And fridge if you've got room.

But bring all your paperwork. I was stopped up there once by a roadblock populated by the RCMP, Federal CO service, BC CO service and Provincial Park officers.

Sylvester Road. Is the east side of Stave. And it is not just for the terrorists. This is to clean up the area for tourism. They are using side by side quads. So they can go everywhere they need to. Back in the eighties. It was a very nice area to fish camp and hunt. Then it started to turn into the Fraser Valleys dumping ground.

ktantra
05-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Ok, so yer all sending me on a terrorist hunting mission, to Mission? I'm just one man and shotgun here .. I stand no chance against the Sikh fighting army all alone, I will need backup! and grenades, humvee, an RPG, and I want Che Guevarra's beret, so it looks official..

HollywoodHitman
05-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Dude, just join a gun club. It will pay for itself in wear and tear on your vehicle, time and fuel. And no issues.

itsy bitsy xj
05-31-2016, 11:31 PM
I know some really great place in the LOWER MAINLAND, well in in the LOWER FRASER VALLEY. But I ain't sharing! Too many F#^ktards to mess it up and leave crap everywhere

ktantra
05-31-2016, 11:46 PM
Not even sure why they give guns to facktards. There should be a test or something; Anyone under IQ of ~125 gets a fishing licence.

Drillbit
06-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Anyone under IQ of ~125 gets a fishing licence.

That's awesome!! I like it! haha

russm
06-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Not even sure why they give guns to facktards. There should be a test or something; Anyone under IQ of ~125 gets a fishing licence.

Should be a test to get a fishing license, the gun club idea is good but theres not enough of them and they're busy as shit when you can get into one.

sawmill
06-01-2016, 07:29 AM

You realise that only 8% of people are over 125?

GotaGun
06-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Thanks.

All your paperwork? ???
Just need a piece of plastic= PAL.

ajr5406
06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
A couple of the LML ranges also do drop in, so you can know that your shooting in a legal and safe place (also helpful if you don't have a rangefinder to know distances). Might even be cheaper than driving way out into the bush too...

ajr5406
06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
You realise that only 8% of people are over 125?

Ba ha ha ha

KBC
06-01-2016, 08:59 PM
But I'm allergic to fish ;(

saskbooknut
06-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Join a club, keep your clays in one place, support your local range. We need to keep strong organizations in the face of opposition.

Busterbrown
06-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Like others have said ..join a club..if not then anywhere in Surrey has become popular

itsy bitsy xj
06-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Like others have said ..join a club..if not then anywhere in Surrey has become popular

hahahahahaha

barry1974w
06-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Wait, aren't you guys glad we all live in the LML? Imagine if everyone dispersed and lived in your little communities.

Yes, yes we are.....

barry1974w
06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
we gotta hussle it out down here, to keep the economy going .. for all!

Yeah, you guys are rocking the economy now. But you need it to pay for your homes ;)

One Shot
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
All your paperwork? ???
Just need a piece of plastic= PAL.

Just your Pal? Then you must have your Prohibited Driver Classification on it then........

ruger#1
06-04-2016, 08:28 AM
All your paperwork? ???
Just need a piece of plastic= PAL. When you get pulled over. They also check your vehicle registration. To see if it is stolen. And you better think again if to think a CO can not do this.

J_06
06-04-2016, 09:53 AM
we gotta hussle it out down here, to keep the economy going .. for all!Yeah, because all that logging, mining, oil and gas, hydroelectric and fishing that goes on in the "LML". Sure am glad I live somewhere where I can pay 300,000, get a newer big house 15 acres back onto crown with awesome hunting and fishing in my backyard, no neighbours, will never be in a traffic jam and I'm 10 minutes from town. Sure sucks living in those dinkey towns. Wonder what the LML will look like when the bubble finally bursts?

TrickleCharger
06-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Lol beauty thread!! From the Vancouverite actually thinking the mainland ends at Chilliwack, to proposing setting the IQ threshold for obtaining a firearm highly likely above his own, to the well placed Surrey jokes! Gotta love it!