PDA

View Full Version : new tent I picked up

sako79
05-28-2016, 03:02 PM
I just picked up one of these tents for short hunts and weekend camping with the family. From the second I took it out of the box from brand new and set it up in my yard it took me just over 9 minutes not bad for the first time including all the stakes and putting up the awning. It is very well made and worth the money

http://www.competitiveedgeproducts.com/Kodiak-Canvas-Tent-6051-Six-Person-10-x-10-Ft-Tent_p_12.html

honeyman76
05-28-2016, 03:11 PM
That looks really skookum!

Spy
05-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Just watched the video a couple times ;-) looks like a good buy for the price, could you hike it in on a back pack?

sako79
05-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Nope they are a bit heavy for hiking. But they take up alot less room than my wall tent. It will be the perfect tent for when i win my rosie draw lol

Spy
05-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Nope they are a bit heavy for hiking. But they take up alot less room than my wall tent. It will be the perfect tent for when i win my rosie draw lol
What does it weigh and how bulky is it? Good luck on your draw, your new purchase sure will be tested on the Wet Coast!

GetLethal
05-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Looks pretty sweet, definitely too heavy for packing. I'd go full blown wall tent, or a packable unit but thats just me.

Kodiak Canvas Tent Basic 6051 10x10 Features and Specs:Features

Approximate Weight: 68 lbs (Includes tent, poles, stakes, and storage bags).
Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shield™ cotton canvas.
Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-Shield™ cotton canvas.
Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
All-Season: Can be used year-round but not designed for harsh winter mountaineering.
Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty.

Specs

Kodiak Tent Floor Size: 10x10 Ft. Stake Loops - Nylon Strap Webbing (Accommodate Oversized Stakes).
Kodiak Wall Tent Capacity - Up to 6 adults (4 very comfortably).
Seasons - 3.5 (Will hold up in snow but not designed for heavy accumulations.).
Ceiling Height: 6' 6".
Weight - 68 lbs (includes 6.5 lbs in tent stakes).
Ceiling Fabric - 10 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
Wall Fabric - 8.5 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
Canvas Tent with Floor Material - 16 oz Vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
Screen Material - Heavy Duty 50 D. Polyester No-See-Um mesh.
Poles - 1" Galvanized steel tube.
Stakes - 12" Steel Solid Rod (3/8" Diameter).

RoscoeP
05-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Where did it ship from and did you have to pay any shipping or taxes if from the US? Thanks looks like a good tent at a good price.

cmac
05-28-2016, 05:19 PM
They are great tents. I picked one up a few years ago of craigslist and am really happy with it. Perfect for 2 people with cots.

sako79
05-28-2016, 05:20 PM
I have a wall tent but this one is so much smaller to pack no bulky 8 foot aluminum poles.

It was free shipping to my u.s. postal box and I just crossed the border to pick it up and I did get dinged at the border but it was only $21 for the GST and I bought it at the link I first posted it's the cheapest place

sako79
05-28-2016, 05:22 PM
They are great tents. I picked one up a few years ago of craigslist and am really happy with it. Perfect for 2 people with cots.

Yep that's the reason I got it for quick setup and if go on my own hunt by myself or with one other person

GetLethal
05-29-2016, 05:38 AM
Are you able to run a stove in it?

newfie bullet
05-29-2016, 06:18 AM
I also picked up a kodiak 10x14 vx model. We are heading out Monday for our first time with this tent. Someone asked about a stove in the tent. I did come across a few pictures of someone who added a stove jack on their own but I question how safe that will be considering how the tent does move around in the wind.
We actually ordered straight from Kodiak and they shipped to Canada.