PDA

View Full Version : LEH online "who made the deadline and who didnt

JohnS
05-28-2016, 07:12 AM
Lets see how many of us missed the draw !?! or made it in with success!!

05-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Didn't bother more then missed, the hunting has been getting better closer to home over the years and the gas and expenses saved from a trip abroad will make for more local forays.

RiverRunner
05-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Procrastination drives me nuts…. my wife is a pro at it.

Did mine weeks ago………

Bag1
05-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I'm in as of thursday with no issues

southpaw
05-28-2016, 09:43 AM
waited until last night and system crashed. go figure. guess its gos for me and kids this year.

khoffnbud
05-28-2016, 09:56 AM
No sympathy here for everybody who waited until the last minute and didn't get them in. It's inly been open for a month +

Bear Brawler
05-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Got mine in weeks ago, one buddy tried last night and it was down. He thinks they'll extend the deadline, I think we will have better than normal odds this year with all those who didn't make it.

604Stalker
05-28-2016, 10:03 AM
546am on the 27th .. Learned to never attempt a group or shared application with unreliable people.

luckofthedraw
05-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Mine was in a few days ago. Shared hunting partners were unable to get in on our draw. Emailed the front counter......we'll see what happens next.

604ksmith
05-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Finalized mine Thursday during odd hours to minimize website traffic. Procrastination always penalizes.

JohnS
05-28-2016, 10:10 AM
LEH is a LOTTERY and every lottery has a dead line " Old or New" so why would they extend it ..... its like calling up BClottery and saying I missed the cut off for the draw could you please extend it for me so I can be in on the draw LMAO!!

scotty30-06
05-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Did mine weeks ago aswell....first time ever putting in for one....so here's hoping I get to go for my first ever moose hunt this fall

Frango
05-28-2016, 10:26 AM
546am on the 27th .. Learned to never attempt a group or shared application with unreliable people.
Yes indeed had that problem at one time for a number of years. For the last 15 years my hunting partners are reliable,trustworthy,honest and above all great people to be around. It sucked with some other guys. Almost gave up hunting.....nah not really but having good hunting buds is a very big bonus..The shared online LEH went well because I can count on them.

MichelD
05-28-2016, 10:28 AM
My personal applications went in easily but the shared one proved problematic.

I didn't realize I needed the BCeID handle and password to enter my partners in the shared draw until I went to do the shared draw on Thursday after a month of researching moose spots. I had made sure I had their new FWID numbers and birthdates and addresses.

I had that info for one member of our group as he is my neighbour and I had helped him get it, but when I tried to contact the other two, they had left town and were out of cell phone service. They didn't get in on the shared application so it' s just two of us.

kilometers
05-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Did my moose leh when it first opened. And then a last minute grizz leh with no problems. The 1 to 98 odds on my moose arnt good. But I hope to be on the good side of the 1.3 to 1 grizz odds!!

boxhitch
05-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Heard of one who kept up with tradition and couriered his cards in on Wednesday

leadpillproductions
05-28-2016, 10:39 AM
All in wife, kid, me and my dad a weekago

chrismcd
05-28-2016, 11:08 AM
like everything else i left until last minute. then i worked double shifts the last 3 days and by 11pm last night the website was down disapointing to say the least

Lastcar
05-28-2016, 11:12 AM

We need people like this. Keep a dying art form alive. We lose many traditions as the generations go on. :)

wideopenthrottle
05-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Procrastination drives me nuts…. my wife is a pro at it.

Did mine weeks ago………
you know what "they" say..."why put off to tomorrow ...what you can put off till next week...."

Glenny
05-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Good poll.

smallfry14
05-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Did mine weeks ago aswell....first time ever putting in for one....so here's hoping I get to go for my first ever moose hunt this fall

Don't mean to dash your hopes, but I've been putting in for moose in my area for 8 years now thinking the same thing ;). Odds anywhere from 4:1 to 12:1. Maybe one day. This year I said screw it and applied for 5 different species hoping to finally get in on the good LEH action. Good luck to all!

ROY-alty33
05-28-2016, 04:47 PM

+1 Next year grabbing all their BCeID and doing it all myself...still not sure 100% sure who is in and who is out besides the ones I did personally!
As for the odds getting better I doubt it he same people who waited til the last minute to apply online are the ones who dropped the cards in the mail on Thursday afternoon.

Travalanche
05-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Shared moose and individual apps in no problem. Found the online system to be pretty smooth, I was actually shocked.

sako79
05-28-2016, 05:28 PM
I applied and sent mine all in april 26. i applied for all 8 species and saskatchewan whitetail. i have 9 chances to pull something. goodluck to all of you.

two-feet
05-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Put in for a good odds, low population moose draw with the group hunt. 4 am on the 27th....

Wrayzer
05-28-2016, 05:48 PM

First year in about 6 I haven't had to pay courier express with Canada post.

Applied weeks ago.

last light
05-28-2016, 06:20 PM
LEH is a LOTTERY and every lottery has a dead line " Old or New" so why would they extend it ..... its like calling up BClottery and saying I missed the cut off for the draw could you please extend it for me so I can be in on the draw LMAO!!

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. There is so many excuses. I believe it was open for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. There is no excuse for anyone who missed the boat period. "IF" they extend the deadline for procrastinators it would not be fair to the people who did put in on time. It's called a deadline for a reason.

StiggyPalgrave
05-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Got mine in shortly after it opened... Don't want to wait until the last day because of bandwidth overloads. Missed out on a rifle sale this year because of that so I learned my lesson!

mrtires24
05-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Didn't bother more then missed, the hunting has been getting better closer to home over the years and the gas and expenses saved from a trip abroad will make for more local forays.

where is closer to home? Guess what I'm saying, is what city/town do you live?

Weatherby Fan
05-29-2016, 08:07 AM
To you last minute Sally's I thank you :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Your procrastination improves my odds........, I did put mine in a cpl weeks back but of course my daughter wanted to put some in on Thursday night.........I found if you put the codes in manually it went through fine, anyway all worked out in the end !

J_T
05-29-2016, 08:10 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking as well. There is so many excuses. I believe it was open for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. There is no excuse for anyone who missed the boat period. "IF" they extend the deadline for procrastinators it would not be fair to the people who did put in on time. It's called a deadline for a reason.
Good poll.
The beauty of an Online system is that it removes human discretion. There is no way they can extend the deadline. Nor should they.
Especially when over 92% are having good success with the system. I doubt the just over 4% who had issues was really a question of the system. Simply new users learning to use a new tool.
Probably a new and neccessary component of the CORE program. Learning to use the online system.

Mulehahn
05-29-2016, 08:28 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking as well. There is so many excuses. I believe it was open for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. There is no excuse for anyone who missed the boat period "IF" they extend the deadline for procrastinators it would not be fair to the people who did put in on time. It's called a deadline for a reason.

First, let me say i got mine in do doesn't affect me. Thst being said, if the deadline is 11:59 May 27 you should be able to apply until 11:59 May 27 not only until the morning of May 26 with an ever decreasing likelihood until 24 hours before the deadline you simply cannot apply.

JohnS
05-29-2016, 08:38 AM

Lol!! To funny !!!

boxhitch
05-29-2016, 08:44 AM
not only until the morning of May 26 with an ever decreasing likelihood until 24 hours before the deadline you simply cannot apply. Not an excuse to alter anything. Deadlines are black and white, no soft landings

Mulehahn
05-29-2016, 08:51 AM
Not an excuse to alter anything. Deadlines are black and white, no soft landings

I agree. They shouldn't re-open it/extend it. That being said people have a right to be upset. As you say, deadlines are black and white. They also should not be bumped up 24-36 hours the same as they shouldn't be extended, regardless the reason.

bridger
05-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Not an excuse to alter anything. Deadlines are black and white, no soft landings

I agree, but on the other hand the system should be able to handle last minute heavy traffic. Other sites are able too. Hopefully next year this problem will be addressed.

604Stalker
05-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Clearly there were some errors with the system ie people filling out the forms just to have to go prove their identity or the obvious one where cash is not an option without standing in service canada lines but the net service will definitely eliminate the need for them to read my chicken scratch and hopefully speed things up in the planning department.

Gateholio
05-29-2016, 10:23 AM
Brand new, untested system gets overloaded on last days?

Who would have thought?

landphil
05-29-2016, 11:03 AM
In other news, Canada Post expresspost sees sharp decline below normal levels for May in BC.

Did mine Tuesday with no issues. Was very easy, was able to use my existing personal BCEID.

RiverOtter
05-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Brand new, untested system gets overloaded on last days?

Who would have thought?
I think the point is/was, as far as the "system" itself is concerned, it is not uncharted territory and a few thousand last minute hunters should not make a server break into a sweat, let alone crash it.

I know "shit" can happen, but this crash was called months ago, as most have come to expect this kind of shitty performance.

Can't hardly wait for the SMOOOOTH hunting licence transition next April, what a "shock" that'll be, as they only have a whole year to get it figured out....

J_T
05-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Systems are not designed to support an infinite number of users and heavy traffic. No one can afford to build that sort of system. There are so many connected parts and each brings with it a maximum number of users and performance expectation.
You couldnt have an infinite number of users standing in line at a Service BC office on the last day either. No system is designed to operate flawlessly at peak periods.
Just make some alterations to how we see and use the online system and it will meet our needs.

papahank
05-29-2016, 12:42 PM
I had success with my idividual hunt, but the shared hunt not so much! System crashed twice on my partners.

I don't think the deadline should be extended.

Hopefully this gets all fixed by next year

RiverOtter
05-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Systems are not designed to support an infinite number of users and heavy traffic. No one can afford to build that sort of system. There are so many connected parts and each brings with it a maximum number of users and performance expectation.
You couldnt have an infinite number of users standing in line at a Service BC office on the last day either. No system is designed to operate flawlessly at peak periods.
Just make some alterations to how we see and use the online system and it will meet our needs.
System doesn't need to support an infinite number, far from it.

Govt knows EXACTLY how many active hunter #'s are issued in BC, they know EXACTLY how many resident hunting licenses were sold last year and they know EXACTLY how many LEH applications they received last year.

I don't see it being rocket science to design a system to handle that workload with an added buffer right outta the gate. I can understand some bugs popping up with a new system, but maximum workload is/was always a known quantity.....

Ubertuber
05-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Did ours weeks ago. It would never occur to me to wait till the end to apply.
To those that did miss it due to procrastinating, consider it a good lesson for next year.

Budman
05-29-2016, 01:43 PM
My sons and mine were done weeks ago. I wasn't waiting to the end.

markomoose
05-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Did mine and sons a couple weeks ago and had nothing but troubles online but I'm over 50 and a drooling idiot on the computer.I can't help it?

rides bike to work
05-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Got my sheep draw woo hoo

Paulyman
05-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Can't wait till they do extend the due date and some of you guys that cant keep their mouths shut get zip, bunch of rude assed clowns. Yes I got mine in, last minute but yes i did.

Whonnock Boy
05-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Are you sure you're not upset about all this? :)

Can't wait till they do extend the due date and some of you guys that cant keep their mouths shut get zip, bunch of rude assed clowns. Yes I got mine in, last minute but yes i did.

Marlowethelazydog
05-30-2016, 05:05 AM

I know why but this made me laugh

Gateholio
05-30-2016, 11:41 AM
I think the point is/was, as far as the "system" itself is concerned, it is not uncharted territory and a few thousand last minute hunters should not make a server break into a sweat, let alone crash it.

I know "shit" can happen, but this crash was called months ago, as most have come to expect this kind of shitty performance.

Can't hardly wait for the SMOOOOTH hunting licence transition next April, what a "shock" that'll be, as they only have a whole year to get it figured out....

I know in a perfect world it would be able to handle the volume, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that predicted massive delays in the final days. :)

rides bike to work
05-31-2016, 07:55 AM
When do the results come out

Paulyman
05-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Are you sure you're not upset about all this? :)

Ok, I got all in but 1. :-)

Singleshotneeded
05-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Didn't procrastinate, as soon as LEH was open I got the full BCeID for myself and the basic version for the kids, got our new FWIDs, and then decided on and entered our draws. I learned long ago that computers aren't perfect, and gave myself plenty of time to deal with glitches and issues.

warnniklz
05-31-2016, 03:39 PM
When do the results come out

Probably just as late as before...

RiverOtter
05-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Considering the extension that is now a reality, about a week later than previous.....

RiverOtter
05-31-2016, 06:35 PM
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u466/RiverOtter_2012/Screenshot_2016-05-31-18-34-52_zpsk7bzcwat.png (http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/RiverOtter_2012/media/Screenshot_2016-05-31-18-34-52_zpsk7bzcwat.png.html)

wideopenthrottle
06-01-2016, 06:48 AM
2016 - TBA - You will receive an email if you are successful

2015 - Wednesday July 8th... check your results here (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status)
2014 - Tuesday July 8th

2013 - Tuesday July 2nd

2012 - Tuesday June 26th

2011 - Wednesday June 15th

2010 - Monday June 14th

http://www.all-about-moose.com/limit...y-hunting.html (http://www.all-about-moose.com/limited-entry-hunting.html) this is the site I got the dates from...

Paulyman
06-01-2016, 08:29 AM
2016 - TBA - You will receive an email if you are successful

2015 - Wednesday July 8th... check your results here (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status)
2014 - Tuesday July 8th

2013 - Tuesday July 2nd

2012 - Tuesday June 26th

2011 - Wednesday June 15th

2010 - Monday June 14th

http://www.all-about-moose.com/limit...y-hunting.html (http://www.all-about-moose.com/limited-entry-hunting.html) this is the site I got the dates from...
Omg! How is there ever going to be a server that can handle sending out the successful applicants email notice at the same time???

JohnS
06-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Keep it going :):)

300H&H
06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
I tried but it would not accept my PW so I said screw it