PDA

View Full Version : LEH Results?

coastalhunter
05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Anyone know when the LEH results might be available? One would think it should be a lot quicker given it's already computerized....but then again, it is Government.

notyalc
05-26-2016, 05:00 PM
If you had left over cards from last year you could still use them. So I would imagine it will be completed around the same time as the years before. Next year will probably be quicker.....hopefully.

j270wsm
05-26-2016, 05:07 PM
I went to service bc and bought my lisence today, and while I was there, I asked about the draw result and was told they expect the results will be out around the same time as last year. They also said there were issues lastnight and this morning with the online leh site. They said the system was down due to being over loaded with users applying for leh. Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out and the draw is done earlier than last year.

Stresd
05-26-2016, 07:19 PM
I was on last night getting leh's and then this morning again for a few more with no problems at all.

Buckmeister
05-26-2016, 07:54 PM
The actual draw itself has been computerized for years, but the data from our cards were inputted manually by govt employees. That takes time. This year, because they are still accepting cards in the mail, it will be a combination of the old way and the new online system. My thinking is that since the govt has less to actually input this year due to a certain amount of online applicants, the draw should actually be done sooner.

Next year, when (or if) the system is 100% online, they could technically run the draw the second after the draw entry deadline is reached. In a perfect, well designed world that is.

papahank
05-26-2016, 08:12 PM
I was on last night and could not get in at all, went in this morning no issues, too many of us left it till the end!!

SuperYeti
05-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Just put mine in no problem after fumbling around with the BCEID and then getting forwarded to the incorrect spot the first time logging in. Overall seems like a decent system.

Dash
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm new and just submitted mine last night. When you guys say "same as usual" what does that mean? Just curious how long it takes :)

AgSilver
05-26-2016, 09:05 PM
thinking is that since the govt has less to actually input this year due to a certain amount of online applicants, the draw should actually be done sooner

You're forgetting about two important variables:

1. Smaller job = fewer staff to do the work

2. Those staff know that the longer they take to do the work, the lazier they can be when doing other work.

StuBrown
05-26-2016, 09:28 PM
I could be wrong but I thought that they were NOT taking cards for the fall draw at all?

Bag1
05-26-2016, 09:33 PM
I could be wrong but I thought that they were NOT taking cards for the fall draw at all?
no I read somewhere on their site that they would still accept cards for the fall 2016 hunt but expect 2017 to be 100% online

05-26-2016, 09:47 PM
LOL...

BC Hunting is currently unavailable The BC Hunting system is currently experiencing a very high volume of traffic.
Please try again in a few minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

Luckily I did mine a while ago. :)

huntcoop
05-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Serves people right for leaving it to the last minute.

r106
05-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Lol we did our shared moose draw tonight, im loving the online system it saves a lot in overnight postage .. did my other draws a few weeks ago.

redhunter
05-26-2016, 11:24 PM
This online LEH is pure garbage. My one son was able to get into my account....go figure that as he created his own...at least so one would think. 3 hours wasted tonight any no LEH's in the system. Could put them in but no checkout option.

notyalc
05-27-2016, 05:56 AM
They are accepting cards for the fall but not the spring LEH.

wideopenthrottle
05-27-2016, 07:20 AM
Anyone know when the LEH results might be available? One would think it should be a lot quicker given it's already computerized....but then again, it is Government.

2016 - TBA - You will receive an email if you are successful

2015 - Wednesday July 8th... check your results here (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status)
2014 - Tuesday July 8th

2013 - Tuesday July 2nd

2012 - Tuesday June 26th

2011 - Wednesday June 15th

2010 - Monday June 14th

http://www.all-about-moose.com/limit...y-hunting.html (http://www.all-about-moose.com/limited-entry-hunting.html) this is the site I got the dates from...

OutWest
05-27-2016, 07:26 AM
This online LEH is pure garbage. My one son was able to get into my account....go figure that as he created his own...at least so one would think. 3 hours wasted tonight any no LEH's in the system. Could put them in but no checkout option.

Moving the LEH online was a huge step forwards. The site was easy to navigate and it took no more than 10 minutes to get registered and have my draws submitted and paid for. For the folks who left it to the last minute to submit theirs and had to deal with the site crashing due to a high amount of traffic, well, them's the breaks.

russm86
05-27-2016, 07:27 AM
I thought someone had said something about the LEH entries not being the only reason there was such a delay in the draw/results but that a large part of it was because the biologists etc were still finalizing the actual # of tags available for each species in each area which obviously needs to be completed before they can draw.

russm86
05-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Moving the LEH online was a huge step forwards. The site was easy to navigate and it took no more than 10 minutes to get registered and have my draws submitted and paid for. For the folks who left it to the last minute to submit theirs and had to deal with the site crashing due to a high amount of traffic, well, them's the breaks.

While I had mine done already and somewhat agree, at the same time, the government should realize that there will be abnormally high volumes the first couple days after release of the LEH and the last couple days before deadline and thus should build the system from the start to easily accommodate this influx and then some with a bit of a buffer. This year was shorter than usual too with hardly 1 full month to do the LEH so could be tight with people working camp jobs etc where they are 3 weeks in etc, people have lives so I can understand some of the frustration...

wideopenthrottle
05-27-2016, 07:35 AM
someone else, in the know, mentioned all the time they spend/spent trying to sort out cards that were improperly filled out....perhaps those that thought the old system was good were the ones unwittingly screwing up on the cards so no surprise they are having trouble with the online system....heheheheh...

In general, it kinda seems like another changing of the guard....in many cases, when leh came out the younger hunters would fillout for the older ones in the group....now us middle aged peeps are letting the younger more computer savy guys in the group do it..

russm
05-27-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm new and just submitted mine last night. When you guys say "same as usual" what does that mean? Just curious how long it takes :)

September 12

Dash
05-27-2016, 10:13 AM
2016 - TBA - You will receive an email if you are successful

2015 - Wednesday July 8th... check your results here (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status)
2014 - Tuesday July 8th

2013 - Tuesday July 2nd

2012 - Tuesday June 26th

2011 - Wednesday June 15th

2010 - Monday June 14th

http://www.all-about-moose.com/limit...y-hunting.html (http://www.all-about-moose.com/limited-entry-hunting.html) this is the site I got the dates from...

Useful info, thanks!

Buckmeister
05-27-2016, 09:26 PM
You're forgetting about two important variables:

1. Smaller job = fewer staff to do the work

2. Those staff know that the longer they take to do the work, the lazier they can be when doing other work.

Good points. Maybe it will be finished near the end of August. :shock:

Red_Mist
05-27-2016, 09:51 PM
That would be humorous actually..... The new system taking even longer.

last light
05-31-2016, 10:38 PM
In all seriousness it might take a little longer now because they have to respond to all the emails from people who had issues on the last day or two.

russm
06-01-2016, 01:41 AM
In all seriousness it might take a little longer now because they have to respond to all the emails from people who had issues on the last day or two.

That should be easy enough, a simple mass email that says "you waited too long better luck next year" shouldn't be too hard to get out to everyone.

J_T
06-01-2016, 06:12 AM
I would suspect that for anyone that did it completely on their own, those applications are solid. What Gov may have to reconcile, are those people who went to a vender or service agent. I doubt the Online Hunting system is interfaced with the electronic Government Agent Revenue Management System (eGARMS).

What can and probably did occur, was some submissions went through without payment, and some payments were made without the submission going through. Hung up in the shopping cart, but the offline payment (over-the-counter) was made.

This results from not analyzing SPOF (Single Point of Failure) and developing strategies to ensure they don't happen.

But these are legitimate entries, payments and submissions and they will have to be tidied up before they can run the lottery. As of now, I can predict they know how many of these there are, and they've likely grouped them in to similar categories for action.

GetLethal
06-01-2016, 06:16 AM
September 12

This, just sit on your hands until then ;)

Crackshot007
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Who out there actually used paper copies...hoping most used electronic to speed things up.

AgSilver
06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Who out there actually used paper copies...hoping most used electronic to speed things up.

Without going back and digging it up, I thought they didn't allow paper copies but rather were giving refunds on people who still had paper copies. Or did I get that wrong?

wideopenthrottle
06-02-2016, 02:37 PM
That should be easy enough, a simple mass email that says "you waited too long better luck next year" shouldn't be too hard to get out to everyone.

getting it out to everyone at once might crash it ...again...heheheh

StuBrown
06-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Without going back and digging it up, I thought they didn't allow paper copies but rather were giving refunds on people who still had paper copies. Or did I get that wrong?

Read the front cover of the LEH Synopsis. I thought they were not taking them as well but it says they are.

Mik
06-02-2016, 06:16 PM
they are accepting them, HOWEVER, it was asked and hoped that most people would send them back in for a refund and do it online :)

71_camaro
06-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Ya i spent 3hours getting a number online even tho i have a few cards kicking around i thought couldn't be used

Asco
06-04-2016, 10:31 AM
The online system was a bugger for me. My son's HN wasn't in the system. i spent about 4 hours banging my head against it. I went to HUB's (LGS in Abbotsford) the next day. They have a paper form to put your draws on that they made up. They got my new HN, my son's and all our draws done in about 3 minutes. I don't usually shop there, but the service they provided was priceless to me. Free and fast. I bought a couple small things just out of appreciation. Sent my computer-frustrated hunting buddies there. Bingo. That will be my go-to. LGS all the way.

ROY-alty33
06-06-2016, 04:26 AM
Could just be sh!++y firewalls or what have you here at work, but tried to compare mine and a buddies draws, and can't get into transaction history on the website. Anyone else having this issue or is it these stupid computers here. Kinda got me nervous....gonna be a long three hours until I get home and check there!

Red_Mist
06-06-2016, 08:27 AM
My LEH history still shows awaiting draw. But at least it's does show up.

wideopenthrottle
06-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Read the front cover of the LEH Synopsis. I thought they were not taking them as well but it says they are.

in the synopsis from 3 or 4 years ago (IIRC) they said they would go to the paperless system "next" year