PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got a Bear

shortrange
05-22-2016, 10:09 PM
This year I decided to take Mrs. Shortrange bear hunting, so of course we got skunked 3 trips in a row. We tried Pemberton. Lots of hippies, no bear. Twice up near Sayward, hunting Adam and Eve and thereabouts. Plenty of bears, all faster than me. I figured my manhood was in tatters, but to stop my wife from giving me the stink eye I decided we should try up near Blue River. First day, saw one bear. He was running away. Second day it was raining, but I thought since I was here I might as well try. My wife said if I was damn fool enough to hunt in the rain I was hunting alone. So off I go and 10 minutes after I leave the motel I see my bear. I jump out of the truck and run into the bushes to get a decent shot. The bear is quicker. I stick around and see him walking out from behind a tree so I get him in the crosshairs and, BLAM! He's down. I put another in him just to be sure. I look closer and yep, he's done living. Next thing I mark the spot with trail tape and head back to get Mrs. Shortrange. After we spend almost an hour dragging the bear back to the road and another hour skinning and gutting him my manly honour is restored and I am a hero.

Thanks bear! You saved my marriage ; ) I only wish you were bigger...

caddisguy
05-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Congrats! Rainy weather is a great time to hunt. Sounds like you had some high stakes there with the manhood, marriage and all!! I couldn't take that kind of pressure.

northernbc
05-22-2016, 10:27 PM
good job on getting your bear and the marriage saved.

shortrange
05-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Yup. Sausages ready next week. I can hardly wait!

.308SLAYER
05-25-2016, 09:34 AM
No pics didn't happen lol

RiverOtter
05-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Bear pics please, we don't need to see your sausage.......:lol: