PDA

View Full Version : Using outdated CORE manual

dan_plus_o
05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Hey, I'm halfway through reading an outdated CORE manual I got from a friend. I think it's from 2003 and was wondering how much of a disadvantage I'll have when I challenge the CORE exam.
I think my biggest concern is laws and regulations since I'm assuming all the other topics probably remain pretty much the same.
What are your thoughts on using such an outdated CORE manual? What topics/chapters would you suggest I look for more updated information on?
I could order the new manual but it's around $30 and I'm already over half way through the outdated one I have now.
Thanks

ajr5406
05-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Im sure you can find someone who will lend you a current CORE book for the exam. I think you would be pretty much fine with the old one though...

cslr11
05-22-2016, 08:21 PM
i feel you should take the course just for the fact that your worried about what you may be missing. The book is just a small part of it i feel . Some very good info from the classes it self.
Good luck if you challenge it.
Also just some law stuff has changed the animal part is still the same . First aid is still the same . Prove and ACT is still all the same .

jag
05-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Try the local library, they all seem to have the latest editions.

LupieHunter
05-22-2016, 09:07 PM
X2 on the library. If they don't have it, they will (or should know) where to find a copy either through inter library loan or searching another libraries database to see if they have it and at what branch.

ncurrie
05-23-2016, 08:05 AM
I have lots of you need one

dan_plus_o
05-23-2016, 01:52 PM
cslr11, I'm a textbook learner and learn much better outside of classrooms. I'd rather save the money for hunting gear. I didn't learn anything new when I took the mandatory, two-day, RPAL courses that I didn't already know from reading the books.

My local library does not have them. Closest library that does is a four-hour trip and it's the 2012 version.

ncurrie, what version do you have and how much would you want for it?

ncurrie
05-23-2016, 02:46 PM
cslr11, I'm a textbook learner and learn much better outside of classrooms. I'd rather save the money for hunting gear. I didn't learn anything new when I took the mandatory, two-day, RPAL courses that I didn't already know from reading the books.

My local library does not have them. Closest library that does is a four-hour trip and it's the 2012 version.

ncurrie, what version do you have and how much would you want for it?

I have lots of 2013 versions for me teaching send me a pm with your address