PDA

View Full Version : Tips and tricks for grizzly bear hunting.

tigrr
05-20-2016, 10:21 PM
I want to put in for a draw in an area that I have seen some nice grizzly bears. I have two choices of gun to use a Marlin CB 45/70 and a 338 LM. The draw is in the spring 2017 and I was wondering about the things to look for to find a nice bear. Do the grizzly come out before black bears? Does anyone use moose calls and such. I have good glass for searches. What do you suggest?
Yes Steven I will finally stop by.

srupp
05-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Lol coffee is always on for you my friend.

Cheers
Steven

b.c hunter 88
05-21-2016, 08:07 PM
last year i got a draw i took advice from srupp i followed it get out of the truck hike glass slides ect i seen 9 bears but nothing big enough it is a trophy hunt so get a big one 7 foot min its a once in a life time hunt and what ever you shoot in ten years you wanna look at it on the wall and be happy.
i hunted June and in two weeks we seen 300 plus black bears and 9 grizzly's i found the grizzly's can show up any wear but there not like the black bears there up deactivated spurs on a slide lots of effort is required. they love devils club i can tell you road hunting is pretty much out of the question i found there very skiddish animal and very solo like every one we seen on the road was the butt as it headed to the woods. be sure to shoot true spend the time and effort garentee you will see some.
at the time i ended up with a 325 wsm rifle since the 338 was't ready.
hope this helps
best of luck